cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

bumble
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought a SIM card at Walmart yesterday...still NO SERVICE today...the Walmart rep set up the PM account and ported my number from SPEAKOUT mobile.  How can get help with this issue?

23 REPLIES 23

@Lieux wrote:

@bumble wrote:

Thanks for all the help from the community members...I am up and running now!!

Good news! What happened? What was the solution?

I am guessing, but I am suspecting the phone had to be connected to the Apple activation server through iTunes.

@bumble wrote:

Good news! What happened? What was the solution?

bumble

@bumble wrote:

Just tried the Speakout SIM card no service with old sim card

Then you must contact the moderators as posted earlier. Tough start but it will work out.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bumble

No talk or text i will work on the APN after i get the no service issue corrected.

bumble

Just tried the Speakout SIM card no service with old sim card

@bumble wrote:

No in or out going calls or texts.   Phone shows NO SERVICE icon.   If you dial my number it goes to voicemail.

I assume you mean to Speakout voicemail? No Service usually means the SIM has not been activated in which case you will need assistance from the moderators. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@bumble Try your speakout SIM; service should continue until the port-in has completed. Be sure your speakout account is active. 

iPhone 4 is fine on PM's 3G network but data will not work because iPhone 3/4 APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ with Safari, then follow the directions there. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bumble wrote:

Bought a SIM card at Walmart yesterday...still NO SERVICE today...the Walmart rep set up the PM account and ported my number from SPEAKOUT mobile.  How can get help with this issue?

When setting up the port did you provide the correct SO info like PIN and/or IMEI on file? Even if there is an issue with the port you should be able to still use your old SO SIM card in your phone if your account is still active. Has you SO account expired or was it cancelled?

bumble

iphone 4    model# MD198C/A

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If all else fails you can contact a Moderator, explain the situation and they will help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep in mind it can take anywhere from a couple hours, to a couple days to hear back from them, they are quite busy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bumble wrote:

Ran the imei check on the PM website....phone was good

Turns out it's really just a blacklist checker. Check it on the site I mentioned.

bumble

Ran the imei check on the PM website....phone was good

@bumble wrote:

Yes phone is compatabile

How do you know that? Did you confirm it was unlocked and supports the same frequencies as telus?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bumble wrote:

Yes phone is compatabile

According to willmyphonework or the little checker on this site?

What exact make/model do you have?

bumble

Walmart paperwork has a activation # and a account #

bumble

Yes phone is compatabile

bumble

My old sim card said no service before installing PM sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bumble wrote:

No in or out going calls or texts.   Phone shows NO SERVICE icon.   If you dial my number it goes to voicemail.

Check willmyphonework.net to see if your phone is compatible.

bumble

willbrown13

Did they give you a time frame? Also do you still have your old SIM, is it active? 

I had the smae issue. I was told the issue would take 24hr to resolve, and given an IT ticket number from the Walmart rep. Then I was sent a text to my old SIM saying the issue had been escalated to Teir 3 and would take 72hr to resolve. 

Do you have ticket number? 

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sometimes it can take a day for your number to port over. You can check if thats the problem by putting your old SIM card back in your phone to see if you have your old service still. once the old sim stops working, you'll know your number was ported to the PM sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bumble wrote:

When you say "No Service" do you mean incoming calls? Or nothing works? It says No Service on the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.