cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

kierra5163
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my account and now my phone says "No service" my phone is unlocked. Help!

20 REPLIES 20

@kierra5163 wrote:

I ported my number. I am using a phone from telus with my old sim card in it currently 

Keep using old sim if it still works.  Public sim shouldn't say no service even if port not done.  Probably need to contact moderator_team.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kierra5163  just to confirm your pm sim when inserted says no service?  and your selfserve account says active?

I ask because the PM sim should atleast work for outgoing calls, once activated failed port or not.

can you try the sim in a different phone?  try a manual network search?  

kierra5163

Thank you so much! 

@kierra5163Yes, as long as it keeps working then the number is still registered to Telus. Once it stops working you can switch it for your Public Mobile SIM.

kierra5163

Do I leave in my old SIM card in for the mean time?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@kierra5163If your PM SIM doesn't start to work within a few hours of activation you may have a failed port, if you do then you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kierra5163

Yes, It says "Active" 

kierra5163

I ported my number. I am using a phone from telus with my old sim card in it currently 

@kierra5163 wrote:

I never cancelled my other sim card. Am i supposed too?

No please do not cancel the old service.  If you do that, you will no longer be eligible to port the number.  We know one thing, your port has failed which is why the old service is still working.  I have a feeling the account set up on this end has faltered also which does correlate to no service.  Are you able to login to the self serve account to see what the status is?

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kierra5163 wrote:

The line with the other carrier will be cancelled automatically when the port occurs.  You shouldn't cancel the other line, and in fact it needs to be a working line for the port to occur.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kierra5163 wrote:

I activated my account and now my phone says "No service" my phone is unlocked. Help!

Did you port your number from other provider to PM?

If yes, is your old SIM card still working?

If no, login to your PM self-serve account.  Is you account status active?

If yes, put the PM SIM card into different phone if you have access to another phone.

Which phone are you using?

A phone which supports only GSM signal will not work with PM.

@kierra5163 No, keep your old account active until the number is moved, then your old account will be closed automatically. You don't need to contact your old provider to port your number.

kierra5163

@kierra5163 Use your old card until it stops working, then put in your PM SIM and restart your phone. It should be working then.

kierra5163

my old sim card still works 

@kierra5163 Try your old SIM card, the port may not have gone through yet. And check your self-serve account status as @will13am suggested and make sure it says it's active.

kierra5163

Yes it says active and yes it recognizes that it is in there 

kierra5163

I have restarted a few times! I moved my phone number

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kierra5163, does your online account show active status with the proper plan features?  Is your phone able to recognize that there is a SIM card inserted? 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@kierra5163 Try restarting your phone. Did you move your phone number from another provider or get a new number?
Need Help? Let's chat.