cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

Kimclen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I went through the process of setting up my account however received a generic error in the last step.  I now have no service on my phone.  My PM SIM card is in my phone.  I looked and PM has charged me for my plan on my visa, but still no service.  I have not received any emails from Public Mobile about my activation nor can I login to my account.  I have private messaged the Moderator Team but have not heard back from anyone.  I'm getting very fustrated with this new public mobile experience.  Can someone please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

Kimclen

Thanks 

Serenity

I'm sorry to hear that... this is, however, where you lose me.  I just got it today, myself.  I did all the things to fix it and I got lucky, it worked.  Hopefully someone else can get you an answer.

Kimclen

Ok I understand now what you mean... nothing anywhere... no in my regular iPhone text nor in my messager.... I guess i’m Not getting text from them because of the no service... oh my... if I had known this I wouldn’t have switched providers... now I have a service that doesn’t work, but I paid for it... very discouraging to say the least!  Upset customer for sure... especially since i’ve asked for assistance on this matter since last event from a moderator.... even if I wanted to cancel I cannot because I cannot login to my account!  

Serenity

Well, I use FB messenger.  And when I started using it - it asked if I wanted it to be my default messenger - for mms and sms and I agreed.. so I have another messenger - the regular one that I would have used to text someone..and I don't use it... but the codes were in there.

Kimclen

Hi.. I don’t understand what you mean!  Where do I find the other message option? 

Serenity

It might be what happened to me.  If you are like me you get all your messages in one messenger.  I went and checked the messanger that came with the phone - the one I don't use.. and the code was in there.

Kimclen

I tried to manually setup my account also, but when I put in my phone numder in step one it says to wait for a 6 digit code via text, but I am not getting any text. 

Serenity

I also got a text with a new pin number.. but I have no idea what it's for.

Kimclen

Hi, yes I did port my number and while the processing was occurring I received a text with a new pin #.   I had my old provider SIM card in my phone (TELUS) until this morning, but when I woke up my service from my old provider was gone! 

Serenity

I just went through this.  I couldn't log on to my account and it didn't recognize my email - but I tried the card in - to make a call and it worked... and then created (manually) an account and it is all working!

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kimclen wrote:

Hi I went through the process of setting up my account however received a generic error in the last step.  I now have no service on my phone.  My PM SIM card is in my phone.  I looked and PM has charged me for my plan on my visa, but still no service.  I have not received any emails from Public Mobile about my activation nor can I login to my account.  I have private messaged the Moderator Team but have not heard back from anyone.  I'm getting very fustrated with this new public mobile experience.  Can someone please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

@Kimclen  I think a lot of people are getting this generic error. This happened to my sister when she activated on the weekend, and I've seen a few other threads with users who got this error as well. Unlike you, however, my sister's SIM did activate, but she cannot logon to her account to port her number over. We also sent an email to the mods, and it's been 72 hours but as of last night, she still hadn't heard from them. No solutions, unfortunately, but I feel your pain.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kimclen

Moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours.

Did you port your number to PM during the activation process?

While you are waiting for moderator, you can continue to use your old SIM card if it is still working.

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account active?

Need Help? Let's chat.