cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

gustomanila
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Am disappointed in Public Mobile. I was approached last week Saturday by a young woman regarding a promotion on Bathurst- Toronto. I figured that am the best client since my Rogers phone plan is expiring next week. The deal was for me to try your service after my plan expires and if I like it, I can look into the plans available. I got 1 SIM card which she said was not free but because I fit the criteria she is giving me one and a $40 voucher, after going online and trying to activate the voucher many times, it won't work.

??????????????????

7 REPLIES 7

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@gustomanila, I'm sorry to read about this. Please get back to me with the requested information in my private message. 

Best.

Aïssata

SlowDino
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As far as I know, only selected vendors with established locations are selling Public Mobile sim-cards. The sims themselves are $10 and then there's the additional plan prices. If the "voucher" doesn't work , in all likelihood you got scammed. 

Don't buy things from random people on the street. 

I don't think anything was actually sold to this person.  It sounds like the sim and voucher were given to him.  Very weird situation for sure.  I hope the OP will keep us updated so we can learn the outcome of this.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@gustomanila

I suspect your young woman (almost certainly a free agent not employed by PM) probably scammed you.

If she is (or is acting for) a legit vendor of PM payment vouchers then she'll be able to provide you (or direct you to) a legit point of sale receipt.  Canadian Consumer Law treats these vouchers as "Gift Cards" and CRTC Wireless Code treats them as non-refundables, but that's irrelevant if you've been criminally defrauded (sold goods/services misrepresented by false dealers or under false pretenses) or the thing you purchased was already damaged/defective before you purchased it.  A reputable vendor would at least hear out and document your complaint, it's the least the law requires.

I would never buy a payment voucher which isn't "fresh" out of the payment-voucher-printing machine, no way to tell how many others might have seen (and had opportunity to use) the one-use disposable payment/activation code before it even reached me.

PM does have some promos going right now which involve free PM SIM card or other sign-on incentives.  If you're still interested in joining PM (and who wouldn't be, right?) then purchase your PM SIM card through official channels (Walmart, WOW Mobile, K-Mobile, order online) and your PM payment voucher through official channels (7-Eleven, Canadian Tire, Shoppers, etc).

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

who is this 'woman'? PM employee, Walmart employee? did you input the voucher code correctly?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gustomanila wrote:

Am disappointed in Public Mobile. I was approached last week Saturday by a young woman regarding a promotion on Bathurst- Toronto. I figured that am the best client since my Rogers phone plan is expiring next week. The deal was for me to try your service after my plan expires and if I like it, I can look into the plans available. I got 1 SIM card which she said was not free but because I fit the criteria she is giving me one and a $40 voucher, after going online and trying to activate the voucher many times, it won't work.

??????????????????

Are you able to tell us what store you were dealing with?  I haven't heard of anything like this with people handing out SIM and $40 vouchers.  @CS_Agent, do you have any knowledge of something like happening?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gustomanila wrote:

??????????????????

@gustomanila please give a little details what went wrong,I am sure the Oracles will help you in no time your phone will up and running trust me,you will not regret the PM Network is much better and $$$you will be saving from Robbers

Need Help? Let's chat.