cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

barrosd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

So my mom and I recently switched to Public Mobile from Virgin Mobile yesterday evening, but we still don't have service. We have both reset our network settings, and we turned our phones off and on twice. We've reached to tech support and we've been told that our accounts ported successfully and are active, yet we still have no service more than 24 hours since we registered for PM. Could someone provide direction on this?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@barrosd wrote:

Hi,

So my mom and I recently switched to Public Mobile from Virgin Mobile yesterday evening, but we still don't have service. We have both reset our network settings, and we turned our phones off and on twice. We've reached to tech support and we've been told that our accounts ported successfully and are active, yet we still have no service more than 24 hours since we registered for PM. Could someone provide direction on this?

Thank you

Put Virgin SIM back in your phone. Does it work? If not, they're right that porting is complete.  Call your phone number. Does it go to Virgin voicemail or to your Public voicemail that needs to be set up?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It looks like this will have to unlock your phones. Contact virgin about it

Do you get any messages when you restart the phone with sim in it?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@barrosd wrote:

So we were contacted by Virgin yesterday, but we were told by them to ignore their message if we wanted to transfer to PM. And yes, we kept the same numbers.

Login to your self-serve account using the email address as username.

If you account status is active and you can use data/call out and send text, you are waiting for Virgin to release your phone number to PM before you can get incoming calls or texts.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@barrosd wrote:

I beginning to think so as well, thank you for your indication!

@barrosd yes it's free and they are required by law to unlock them good luck 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @barrosd ,

What type of phones do you both have....?

Try one or more of the below:

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

barrosd

I beginning to think so as well, thank you for your indication!

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@barrosd wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

@barrosd hello if you both have no service at all it sounds like your phones are locked you will have to call virgin to unlock them

barrosd

So we were contacted by Virgin yesterday, but we were told by them to ignore their message if we wanted to transfer to PM. And yes, we kept the same numbers.

zomba

There could be problem on Virgin side (in case if you transferred number), does they send your Virgin account been successfully canceled due number transferring?

Need Help? Let's chat.