cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

JohnWWW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up today and phone says no service, phone is an iphone7, and unlocked. Went for a 20 mile drive, no service anywhere?

13 REPLIES 13

bungy57

@geopublic thanks, restarting worked. Appreciate your help!

@bungy57 wrote:

I’ve had this account for over a year and now it’s indicating no service. 

Hi @bungy57 ,

Please go to "Ask a Question" in the below link, and describe in detail the issue you are having.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/bd-p/Discussions

Thanks

@bungy57  try restarting your phone or toggling airplane mode on and off.

bungy57

I’ve had this account for over a year and now it’s indicating no service. 

JohnWWW

PM have me up and running, said it was a back end problem. I had tried many of the other suggestions to no avail, thank you all.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@samibaltzer wrote:

This also happened when I first switched and I had to reboot my phone to receive signal 🙂

Reboot is needed because of the new phone design.

Roughly before 2013 or earlier, phone battery were removable and the SIM card were under the battery.  Therefore, back then, you need to remove the battery(i.e.phone off) in order to change your SIM card.  For the old phones, there is always a phone reboot in order to change SIM card.  

New phone does not have removable battery any more.  SIM card can be hot swamped with phone stay on.  Therefore, we need to manually reboot our phone after changing SIM card.

samibaltzer

This also happened when I first switched and I had to reboot my phone to receive signal 🙂

@JohnWWW 

Listen to @geopublic and @gpixel  and contact the moderators. Customer support has been quick lately....expect to be contacted within a couple of hours at the latest.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JohnWWW you can contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JohnWWW  It's possible that your account wasn't provisioned properly and needs to be reset by PM. Submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check your account.

@JohnWWW 

Did you port your number in on activation? Are you 100% sure your phone is unlocked? Did you recieve any error messages?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to pm @JohnWWW . Try  these 2 things 

1. sync to iTunes
    1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
    2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
    3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
    4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
    5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
    6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.
  2. Reset your Network Settings.
    Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APNsettings that you've used before. Restart your phone if it doesn't automatically. If it works. Enable data and sms and mms to send and receive from Android phones.  

Stay safe. 

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you registered/activate the sim successfully? If so, try restarting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.