Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

jnj-sound
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I just purchased a new sim.

Activated it and my phone is only showing no service where there should be signal strenth

Its an I phone 7 unlocked and previousley used on the Telus network.

I can put my telus sim in and the phone works fine. What is the solution.

Thanks

Jason

38 REPLIES 38

You could try the lost phone trick. To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone.  If you still have problems then contact a moderator. Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

salishseer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem. Very frustrating!

@jnj-sound wrote:

I have tryed a different phone still no service.

Yes the account is showing active.

I have also suspended service and opened it again but same result.

@jnj-sound wrote:

Hi

Issue ticket was opened and now all is working as it should.

Thank you everyone for your help on this.

Its good to know there's a great community of people out there willing to help.

Jason

Finally...good news!!!

jnj-sound

Hi

Issue ticket was opened and now all is working as it should.

Thank you everyone for your help on this.

Its good to know there's a great community of people out there willing to help.

Jason

jnj-sound

The Telus number only went out of service when I ported the number.

I even called Telus and they told me the number was moved to a different carrier.

@jnj-sound wrote:

I have switched back to the Telus ported number via self serve. I do not want to loose that number.

And that number is showing under the active account for Public Mobile

That might not work because when you call, it says number out of service, so might still have to wait for Public Mobile to fix it.  That means there was a problem. Silly question but did you call to cancel the Telus service?  Or did that only happen after you made port request?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, you definetly need to have Moderator Team have their engineers look into it, I had similar issue with activation and they said it was a glitch in activations portal and they had to get engeneers to fix it - even though mine not a ported numnber, maybe your problem an activation glitch too, here link to my solved problem:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-...

I read lots of activation glitch issues here on this forum, and only Moderators can fix it.

jnj-sound

I have switched back to the Telus ported number via self serve. I do not want to loose that number.

And that number is showing under the active account for Public Mobile

@jnj-sound wrote:

Hi

It looks like the number has already transfered out of Telus.

When I call the number I get a recording that says the number is not in service.

And it is no longer listed when i sign into Telus self serve.

@jnj-sound  The Telus port getting stuck coupled with changing your number via selfserve will definely require moderator intervention to resolve  Maybe you should ask if it's possible to port the original Telus number when they respond back  I think they should be able to do it from what you describe above.

jnj-sound

Hi

It looks like the number has already transfered out of Telus.

When I call the number I get a recording that says the number is not in service.

And it is no longer listed when i sign into Telus self serve.

@jnj-sound 

As geopublic mentioned previously, if the original account was a corporate account, you will usually need to transfer the line to a personal account to get the number transferred to public mobile.  You will still need to wait for moderator help anyways, but you might want to call Telus to get that process started.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Port-out-from-a-Corporate-plan-to-Public-M...

jnj-sound

Yes the sim number is correct.

Hopefully Moderator can get this corected

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I will post the solustion once its figured out.

@jnj-sound wrote:

Here is the latest info i can add.

I activated an account for my wife today and her Sim activated fine and works in her phone as it should.

I tried her sim in my phone and it works fine so im assuming there is definatley an issue with the activation of my sim on Public Mobiles side.

Just a wild guess here. Have you checked that the SIM card number on your account matches the number on the physical SIM? If you purchased 3 SIMs, maybe the other one got activated.

If you do have the correct number, another possibility is that the SIM card is defective.
Just have to wait for Moderator to reply to your PM.

jnj-sound

Here is the latest info i can add.

I activated an account for my wife today and her Sim activated fine and works in her phone as it should.

I tried her sim in my phone and it works fine so im assuming there is definatley an issue with the activation of my sim on Public Mobiles side.

jnj-sound

I can assure you the phone is unlocked and i have tried the sim in another phone.

I have also tried two sims. From what I can tell they are not activating even tho PM is showing the account as active.

@jashn98 wrote:

telus have some servers offline which are for public moblie users .SO ,they are still working .just try to search network maully in settings.thanks

Can you provide a source for that informaiton?  I have not seen anything of the nature today. 

Since jnj-sound has just activated, I'm leaning more towards the phone not being unlocked or the sim card not being provsioned/activated correctly.

jashn98

telus have some servers offline which are for public moblie users .SO ,they are still working .just try to search network maully in settings.thanks

@jashn98 wrote:

looks like your account is affected by an ongoing system issue.  Public Mobile is working on correcting the problem.  In the mean time you should contact the moderator team to have your service restored.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@jashn98  What system issue is that? Can you please give us some more detail.

jashn98

looks like your account is affected by an ongoing system issue.  Public Mobile is working on correcting the problem.  In the mean time you should contact the moderator team to have your service restored.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@jnj-sound wrote:

I started off porting my number and it is a telus business account. I then changed the number to one from the PM list.

@jnj-sound  Ok that might be the problem. I'm not sure about Telus business but my understanding is that the account/number has to be converted to a regular account before porting but maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject can confirm.

@jnj-sound wrote:

This is what is see, No Service in corner.

@jnj-sound  Could this be your problem?

Apple Investigating iPhone 7 Bug Causing 'No Service' After Turning Off Airplane Mode

Click here for more info

jnj-sound

I started off porting my number and it is a telus business account. I then changed the number to one from the PM list.

jnj-sound

IMG_3351.PNG

This is what is see, No Service in corner.

@jnj-sound  Did you pick a new number or are your porting your number from Telus? Is it a Telus corporate account?

jnj-sound

Ok thats what i will do. Hopfully I can get this working as I have two more device to add.

jashn98

if it  shows only emergency calls-then it is unlocked -otherwise it gonna show public mobile on top-if you see the network -try manully changing your network through network setting .Thanks

@jnj-sound wrote:

Yes I have done that also

@jnj-sound  Sounds like an account  provisional issue on PM's backend nothing you can do but wait for the @CS_Agent  to respond back via private message.

jnj-sound

Yes I have done that also

@jnj-sound wrote:

I will contact PM.

I have contacted telus and they have informed me that the phone is not locked.

I have also completed a full itunes restore.

@jnj-sound  Did you also try resetting the Network Settings?

@Lieux wrote:

@geopublic locked?? But public mobile would work with TELUS.... no???

@LieuxYes, your are correct but desperate times require desperate measures especially with iPhones. (blacklists, server specific IMEI ranges etc)  Smiley Happy so it doesn't hurt to be 100% sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.