cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

camharris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just switched to public mobile and cannot use data or make calls (shows no service). I have purchased a plan and activated my sim card. What am i missing?

28 REPLIES 28

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @minnuts,

I can see that my colleague Tony has reached out to you privately, please view your messages 🙂

Have a great day!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@minnuts wrote:

Hi Mary I just moved in to public mobile I got the port done it’s successful but no service yet please help

It might sound silly but did you try and restart phone?  That can sometimes get it working after activation.

@minnuts 

Mary will not be getting your message.  You will need to contact moderator via private messaging.  It will likely take at least 1 day for response.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you want to add more details to your issue, maybe one of us in the community forum can help.  

@minnuts wrote:

Hi Mary I just moved in to public mobile I got the port done it’s successful but no service yet please help

Here you are not with Mary.. but the community...

You can’t call or text? Did you try the trick lost/stolen? In your self serve account in tab plan/add-ons... click on lost/stolen and close your phone wait few minutes and open it again and click on find my phone. What happens?

minnuts

They will!! Patience ....Smiley Frustrated @nicolek

nicolek

Yes, he was listed as my emergency contact. But why not just reply to the email!? Oh well, I've messaged them again, so maybe they'll respond this time.

Not weird...but it's like your phone number doesn't work well.. @nicolek Your husband number was on your account as 2nd number???

nicolek

Ya, I did that 6 hours ago...and they responded by leaving a message on my husband's phone! Does that seem weird to anyone else?

The best is when you port from Telus, it's better to activate a new number first on PM and then port  your number over once everything was working on your phone. @AEBroughton

Yes from telus it could be difficult @AEBroughton..it's the same company but that's what you can read in the forum..if tomorrow it doesn't transfer you will need assistance with the moderator-team ...click on the envelopp right up private message with your phone number and NIP and explain your problem.

AEBroughton

I ported my number from telus, I had Walmart do the initial set up so that it would be done right.

Ok @AEBroughton can you explain more? Did you port your number from a different company? Which one?

This message @nicolek you have to write to moderator direct...envelopp right up  private and write moderator-team it will appear on your screen..and give them your phone number your NIP and explain your problem.

AEBroughton

Hi

I've been having the same issue. Signed up, activated my sim, set up autopay, no service. I've been waiting 7 hours.

Help.

nicolek

Hey, @moderator, I have a similar issue. (Ok, it's somewhat different, but since I can't seem to start a new thread, I'm usurping this one.) It's been 3 weeks since I signed up, and my phone number still has not been ported over, so I can't receive calls. I have done all the apn stuff, worked through the help robot, emailed directly... Today my husband received a voicemail from you guys about my account. Presumably because you guys can't call me, either. Please fix?

Nicolek

Ps: the voice mail was nearly impossibly to decipher what with the dramatic volume changes. I get that you don't do support services, but that was pretty ridiculous.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Glad I could help @camharris and @Anonymous 🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mary_M

Wow. Nice. Overnight resolution....not several nights.

Keep it up...even during promos 🙂

camharris

Thanks so much Mary!!! All is good now, thanks again.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

very welcome 🙂 happy Tuesday to you too !! ❤️

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@srlawren, the OP is coming from Telus, phone *should be* compatible already, unless they’ve got a new phone we don’t know about.

@stonechucker oops.  Another "guilty of not reading all the details closely enough" posting by @srlawren.  Robot Embarassed

@Mary_M wrote:

I'm pleased to say that I was able to get to the root of the issue and fix it, and your services are now fully functional. Can you please power cycle your phone and test? Officially, welcome to PM!

@Mary_M to the rescue again!  Thanks, Mary!! Happy Tuesday to you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @camharris,

Mary here - I'm one of the mods and I took ownership of going over your messages and your account. I'm pleased to say that I was able to get to the root of the issue and fix it, and your services are now fully functional. Can you please power cycle your phone and test? Officially, welcome to PM!

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns 🙂

Have a great day!

Mary

@srlawren, the OP is coming from Telus, phone *should be* compatible already, unless they’ve got a new phone we don’t know about.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex888 wrote:

Your number may not have been ported yet. Try your SIM card from your previous provider, if it works then then number hasn't ported yet. You can use your old SIM until it stops working, meaning that the number has been ported, then switch to your PM SIM. And restart your phone after switching SIM's.

@Alex888- Although your statement is quite true, this would not prevent the OP from making outgoing calls, or using data.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@camharris what is your phone's brand and model?  Did you confirm compatibility at https://www.willmyphonework.net?  (Note: the IMEI checker on Public Mobile's site is not accurate for compatibility, unfortuantely.).  Also: did you buy it from a previous provider, prior to Dec 2017?  If so, it's very likely locked to them and you would need to contact them for an unlock code.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Your number may not have been ported yet. Try your SIM card from your previous provider, if it works then then number hasn't ported yet. You can use your old SIM until it stops working, meaning that the number has been ported, then switch to your PM SIM. And restart your phone after switching SIM's.

If your old SIM doesn't work either, or your new SIM doesn't start working after your old one stops you will need to either contact your old provider and request they port your number or contact a PM moderator here and ask them to look into it.

camharris

Ported my old number from Telus. I don't know if this might be the cause of my issue or how to resolve it if it is.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@camharris wrote:

Hi I just switched to public mobile and cannot use data or make calls (shows no service). I have purchased a plan and activated my sim card. What am i missing?

@camharris

Seems you are missing service...😀..elaborate a bit ..did you port from another provider..new number and activation. ?

Need Help? Let's chat.