cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“No Service” with iPhone 7

MiaHabiba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. Signed up yesterday with Autopay. Installed my public mobile SIM card into unlocked iPhone 7. “No service” is displayed where the signal bars should be. I tried a different SIM card, from Telus, in the same iPhone 7 and it worked fine.

I swapped the Public Mobile SIM into another phone and it wouldn’t work there, either.

Thoughts?

Many thanks.

Craig

9 REPLIES 9

98quira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This just happened to me with iphone7. I would suggest contacting the moderators asap as it took them almost 48 hours to respond to me and i had tried all of the other tricks by then - in the end the mods sent the issue to a tech team who managed to fix it. Total time without service for me was about 4 days. It was a sim activation issue and then an additional technical issue by the sounds of it.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@MiaHabiba wrote:

Hi. Thanks, but yes, account status is in perfect order. Contacted Moderators but no response as yet ....

@MiaHabiba Best to wait for a response from the moderators. Sounds like your account needs to be reset from their end to get it working.

I noticed a similar thing in the first few hours after porting my number to public mobile.  It resolved within the first 5 hours for me.  Hopefully it does for you while you wait on the moderators

MiaHabiba

Ok. Many thanks.

@MiaHabiba wrote:

Hi. Thanks, but yes, account status is in perfect order. Contacted Moderators but no response as yet ....

@MiaHabiba Best to wait for a response from the moderators. Sounds like your account needs to be reset from their end to get it working.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try your PublicMobile SIM in another unlocked phone. It would be best to try and determine if it is the SIM/Account or the phone. 

Let us know.

Have you checked to see if your operating system and carrier settings are up to date.

Try cycling airplane mode / cell data, it has worked in a few situations like this.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@MiaHabiba  it sounds like the activation didn't complete!  Like @will13am  said  take a look on your self serve account to see if it's active and check your credit card to see if you were billed, and f you wernt billed the activation failed and you should go thru it again 

MiaHabiba

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MiaHabiba, are you able to login to the self serve account and confirm the account status as active and loaded with the plan that you purchased.  It would appear the phone is not SIM locked and should work on Telus and affiliate brands.  The only thing that comes to mind is failed activation of some sort.

Need Help? Let's chat.