cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service - New Activation

shyguy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just activated my new plan and have a phone number but I have inserted my sim into various devices that are unlocked and all of them do not have service. Is there anything I need to do specifically for an iphone / android to pick up service? 

15 REPLIES 15

hkjanzen

All is good. The number port failed on activation and the mod team worked to get the port done. Thank you.

hkjanzen

>24 hr. 

March 23 about 2pm EDT

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hkjanzenIf you get no PM service, and your Telus Sim still does everthing, then your port request either fell through the cracks or hasn't been initiated yet. How long has it been since you submitted it? Thanks. Here is the private message link -  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hkjanzen

Ok, I get that, but I did request the port at the time of activation and according to the above link ports at new activations are not affected. Will try to contact mod again, but noticed someone else said they couldn't submit the ticket.

zblackma

@hkjanzendid you submit a port request? You can contact a moderator directly using the private message link given by @gblackma. Type "Port request" into the subject field. Use this link here to see what is needed for the port request to be completed. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

hkjanzen

I just worked through all these activation suggestions with no success. So... I went to Simon, filled out a ticket, clicked on "submit" and nothing happened. The ticket is just sitting in its window and the bottom "submit ticket" is not highlighted or active. Put the old Telus sim back in and immediately connected as if Public Mobile never existed.

Westcoastperson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

UPDATE: I did the "lost and stolen" and restart protocol and I now have service! I hope it works for you too 🙂 Happy customer here!!

Westcoastperson

Hi there! I have service! Yeah!! Your suggestions worked perfectly! You guys rock 🙂

@Westcoastperson  and @shyguy123 Use this private message link to contact the moderators directly. Ask them to reset your SIM.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. 

Westcoastperson

Thanks for all of the tips. I am in the process of the "lost and stolen" tip.

However, Simon was not helpful. The bot just froze when I tried to create a ticket to the moderator.

Westcoastperson

I have the exact problem. 

I re-started my phone again and again. No service.

I am trying the "suspend service" option under "lost and stolen" to see if that works.

I'll let you know!

shyguy123

I have rebooted my phone, don't have data, and cannot receive nor send texts and calls. It's a new activation with a new phone number. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@shyguy123 Did you port a number? Did you get the welcome email from PM?  Thanks.

You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If none of them work, contact a moderator and ask them to to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port (transfer) your phone# or is it new sim setup ?  When you log into your self serve account - what is the status ?  Try rebooting your phone.

sunflowershine

@shyguy123 Please restart your phone first. If you have data plan, please set up your APN accordingly.

Need Help? Let's chat.