cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM card message

cvautour0619
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New to Public Mobile. I registered the SIM earlier today (about 6 hours ago). My phone still says No SIM card and not registered to a network. Does it usually take this long? I am moving my number from Bell and the phone was unlocked. Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7

@cvautour0619 wrote:

Hmmm. After a restart this morning. It now says Network locked?

This means your phone is not unlocked.  Contact old carrier to request unlocking. It is free if locked to Canadian carrrier.

cvautour0619
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hmmm. After a restart this morning. It now says Network locked?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

Make sure your phone is unlocked. General speaking, if the phone shows "not registered to a network" means your phone is locked.

Solarcat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in a similar spot when I went from plan to pre-paid with a Bell service provider. I waited 4 hours. Finally I restarted my phone and all of a sudden I had service. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cvautour0619 , account activation is instantaneous even if porting has a time lag.  Since your phone is showing SIM card is not registered, that means you had an activation issue.  Are you able to login to the self serve and check whether the account set up completed successfully?  You should also check the Bell end to see if the account over there has been affected by the port submission.  In any event, if the activation has failed, then you will need to get in touch with the moderator team to fix the problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

The above is for SIM card not registered.  No SIM card is something very different.  That means your phone is not able to detect the presence of a SIM card.  You might want to try to remove and reinsert the SIM card to see if that will address the reading issue.  Turn the phone off when removing and reinserting the SIM card.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@cvautour0619  a écrit :

New to Public Mobile. I registered the SIM earlier today (about 6 hours ago). My phone still says No SIM card and not registered to a network. Does it usually take this long? I am moving my number from Bell and the phone was unlocked. Thanks for your help.

It can be a port not finished...and you will need help from the moderator...here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage and write moderator_team in send to. Give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...be patient...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@cvautour0619  a écrit :

No usually it's not so long...did you try to take out and again in your phone? Sure is unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.