cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM card, emergency calls only

Liz13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I signed up yesterday with PM, my account is active, SIM card inserted but phone says no SIM card/emergency calls on. When I try to call someone, it shows I'm not registered. I ported number from my Telus phone and I can't make calls with it anymore, but I can't with PM either. Any help please. My new phone is a Sumsung Galaxy J16, and it shows it's compatible.

29 REPLIES 29

@saintya wrote:

Rogers is working right now on LG. 

@saintya  If it was a Telus or a Koodo sim card then I would say that's not locked but since it's Rogers then it's still possible the phone got locked again to Rogers.

saintya

Rogers is working right now on LG. 

@saintya wrote:

But other sims are working fine. Its LG Power X3

@saintya  Are the sims from another provider Bell or Rogers?

saintya

But other sims are working fine. Its LG Power X3

@saintya wrote:

I tried again but no success. Inserted other sim in LG which are working fine

@saintya  If that's the case then you're LG phone somehow got locked again. What model LG is it?

saintya

I tried again but no success. Inserted other sim in LG which are working fine

@saintya wrote:

Its not locked, i was using till last night. I am using PM fro last 5 months in LG suddenly its not working for PM.other networks are working 

@saintya  Maybe the sim not making good contact. You might want to try it one more time to see if it works with the LG. If not, then the problem is the phone 

saintya

Its not locked, i was using till last night. I am using PM fro last 5 months in LG suddenly its not working for PM.other networks are working 

@saintya wrote:

It says active. I inserted sim in to Samsung s4 its working now but not working at LG. Previously I was using on LG with no issues, suddenly it stopped working.

@saintya   If it's working in the S4 and not the LG then it's a phone issue. Maybe the LG is locked to another provider.

saintya

It says active. I inserted sim in to Samsung s4 its working now but not working at LG. Previously I was using on LG with no issues, suddenly it stopped working.

@saintya wrote:

I am from newfoundland,  last night suddenly PM sim card stopped working and showing emergency calls only. I have tried everything but work. I am PM user from last 4 to 5 months, payments are on auto pay. What to do now?

@saintya  When you sign-in to your account does it show active or suspended?

saintya

I am from newfoundland,  last night suddenly PM sim card stopped working and showing emergency calls only. I have tried everything but work. I am PM user from last 4 to 5 months, payments are on auto pay. What to do now?

Liz13

Working now! Tried shutting phone down again, reinstall SIM, etc... and it's working now. Thinking maybe it was taking a little longer to finish porting. Not sure, but glad it's working. Thank you everyone for your help.

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Liz13 wrote:

I checked the IMEI on PM before I ordered the SIM and it says it's compatible, not lost or stolen.

Then, like everyone else suggested, you need to figure out if the problem is coming from your phone or SIM card. Maybe try borrowing someone else's SIM to test out your phone? (family, friend, colleague?) 

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Liz13 wrote:

I think it's the right size, it seems to fit in there perfect.

Ah, ok, you meant the "other phone" as a tester would not fit... gotcha....

Liz13

I checked the IMEI on PM before I ordered the SIM and it says it's compatible, not lost or stolen.

Liz13

I think it's the right size, it seems to fit in there perfect.

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Liz13 wrote:

Ok, thank you.

Outgoing calls tend to work immediately after porting, but incoming usually takes a while. 

I would suggest placing your sim card in another phone to validate that your SIM is indeed working. If so check if your phone is blacklisted. Someone else had an issue with their brand new phone purchased from Best Buy not too long ago.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/New-Phone-IMEI-issue-SIM-works-in-old-pho... 

duffer900

@Liz13 wrote:

I ported my number when I signed up. My other phone takes a larger SIM, so the PM one wouldn't fit now as it's the smallest size for that phone.

Crap, the one PM provides is a tri-sized SIM. You pop out the size you need....

This could be the issue if it's the wrong size....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

When the phone shows no SIM card, then there might be something wrong with the phone not being able to read the SIM card.  Although less likely, the SIM card could be defective.  Try the SIM card in a different phone if possible. 

Liz13

I ported my number when I signed up. My other phone takes a larger SIM, so the PM one wouldn't fit now as it's the smallest size for that phone.

Liz13

My telus/old phone shows unregistered SIM now so it looks like the porting went through however it's still not working on my new phone with PM SIM. I sent a private message so hopefully they can fix the issue relatively quick. Thanks.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Liz13 do you have another phone you can try your sim card in?  No sim card means the phone is not reading the sim card. 

zork1984

Did the PM account work before you port?  It may be that the account is active, but actual provisioning on the network did not complete fully, so porting is also half done.

Liz13

Ok, thank you.

@Liz13 wrote:

Did that earlier but didn't work. I can try again.

What happens when you insert the Telus SIM card in your phone? Does it still work? If yes, then continue to use your Telus SIM until it stops working. If it stops working it means that the port was completed and your PM card should work.

In the meantime contact Public Mobile and ask them to check your account and port request to make sure evrything is in working order.

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

duffer900

@Liz13 wrote:

If it is not working on your Telus network anymore, nor on the PM network, you might want to contact a moderator and explain to them the issue.

click here to private message a Moderator

Liz13

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Liz13 wrote:

Hi, I signed up yesterday with PM, my account is active, SIM card inserted but phone says no SIM card/emergency calls on. When I try to call someone, it shows I'm not registered. I ported number from my Telus phone and I can't make calls with it anymore, but I can't with PM either. Any help please. My new phone is a Sumsung Galaxy J16, and it shows it's compatible.

Power down phone remove SIM card, re-insert SIM and power up again to see if it connects to the PM network.

Need Help? Let's chat.