cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Reply to Support Email

Grant_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Recently I locked myself out of my sim by entering the pin wrong (got confused with pin for phone) so I came here and found a thread about how to get a PUK: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/What-is-PUK-code-Where-do-I-get-the-PU...

I followed all the directions and sent an email to support. It was at about 10pm so I didn't expect a reply until the next day, not to mention it said 24-48 hours. That's fine, my fault so I can be patient. But that was on Monday night. It's 65 hours later and no reply. I sent another email last night at about 44 hours in, since support probably closes by 5pm, and I still haven't heard from anyone.

I was testing to see if my mom's phone was unlocked when I initially locked my sim. I had just ordered 2 sims to switch my parents onto PM but I'm not really to confident that there's any way to fix a problem that may happen in the future. I hate phoning tech support as much as the next guy but being on hold for 3 hours usually ends up in a fix after a total of 4 hours.
17 REPLIES 17

charlene_hodder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Samsung Galaxy Prime. So I should contact them ?

@mimmo wrote:

@charlene_hodderwhat phone are you using?  samusng users have metioned contacting samsung helps. 

mod reply times are about 72+ hours at them moment.

Samsung chat assistance is suppose to be great and very quick!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@charlene_hodderwhat phone are you using?  samusng users have metioned contacting samsung helps. 

mod reply times are about 72+ hours at them moment.

charlene_hodder

I have the same issue and need the PUK number as well if someone could help me. Have been waiting since yesterday for a response. Need my cell to be working ASAP. Any help would be appreciated 

Based on what I have read, SIM PIN is not automatic; it is set in the phone. Once set you need a PUK code to unlock if there are too many incorrect guesses.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Grant_J

Well to be fair it didn't lock by simply placing it in the other phone. It just required my PIN which I either forgot or got confused with some other pins I've used. I've never had a sim require a pin when switching phones before, so I'm not sure if it's a prepaid thing or just a security feature I didn't enable before. From what I understand now, the only way to reset your pin (because you didn't save it upon activation) is to intentionally get it wrong and get a PUK as I did. 

I may look into disabling my PIN for future maneuverability, but I'll make sure there's not an important reason I'm missing first.

Edit: missed the part about Telus/Koodo phones. Awesome, it's no fun unlocking a brand new phone before you can use it. 

srlawren

@Grant_J glad @Mary_M was able to provide you the code.  I had no idea it was possible to lock your SIM by using it in another phone, wow.  A bit scary!

Regarding your Telus/Koodo question--it's not iffy at all, phones locked to Telus or Koodo work fine on PM without unlocking.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Grant_J
Yeah, @Luddite and @imm1304, I saw the sim change option on my account, unfortunately by the time I did I was away from the extra ones I had. Either way, it's working now thanks to @Mary_M (turns out I had email notifications turned off, otherwise it could have been fixed quicker) and everyone else who suggested PMing. I'm heading off for the weekend but I'll be setting up the other 2 sims when I get back.

On that slightly related note (I'm sure I'll find it if I search though), do phones locked to Telus/Koodo work on PM without an unlock? I know it was iffy between the 2 of them before.

imm1304

Changing the sim card to one of the spare sim would have been a quick workaround, however, looks like @Grant_J is good to go as he said that he received the PUK to his inbox.  

Grant_J

Ok, thanks. As I'm typing this it looks like Im just receiving a pm with the codes. And I'm not super familiar with "Ontario business hours", would that be BC business hours but 3 hours ahead? 8-6, 9-5, 7-7? Looks like it's kind of irrelevant now, but it would be a bit nice if there was some kind of info posted somewhere just like any 800 tech support #.

Our moderators are here every day during "Ontario business hours". Communication is facilitated if you check in from time to time during that period.

You recover the shipping costs once the SIM is activated. If you can access your account Change SIM might work. I say "might" because you are the first customer with this problem I have seen.

@imm1304 @srlawren @NDesai or others may have some better knowledge so it's best to wait abit before trying my idea.

Grant_J

Thanks for the reply, and the reply back to my reply. Unfortunately it looks like the codes got lost in transmission so unless they're in an attachment that's not obvious I'm still where I was after my first email. 

Also, is there some sort of mod schedule on here ( or at least hours of operation)? I'd hate to be messaging someone whose home for the night if the nightshift mod is around.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Grant_J

Sorry to hear that your SIM card has been locked.

At this time, we are experiencing somewhat of a delay for email response, but I can provide assistance for you.

Would you mind sending me your phone number by private message ? I'll locate your SIM card # and provide you with the PUK for it.

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Grant_J
I have 2 "spare" sims since I was just about to sign up my parents. If I did use one then I'd have to pay another $10 for shipping which is a bit annoying (especially considering the last 2 came through Canada Post when their strike was cited as a reason they had to be couriered and I had to pay). I don't have them on me right now though, and I kind of need data when I go away for the long weekend.

I'll try contacting the mods in the morning (which time zone are they in?), but I have to work so I'll have no internet.

Thanks for the replies though.

Moderators have left for the day. You can expect a response in the morning.

Do you currently have spare sim?

Do you to make some calls tonight?

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Like @carwel33 mentioned, you will need a help directly from PM staff @Shazia_K @Mary_M. Sometimes reply from email support does take a long time. 

carwel33

Contacting a moderator here in community is probably faster. Shazia was a big help to me.

Need Help? Let's chat.