cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Public network?

nevtelen444
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just signed up.  Ported number.  Got message from Public to restart phone to complete porting.  I did that.  Put in the Public SIM and there is no Public network.  I can see Telus and others but not Public.  Am I supposed to wait some time before connection?

16 REPLIES 16

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nevtelen444 :Good that everything finally worked out it just took some time with resetting phone, don't forget to choose an accepted solution by clicking the accepted solution button above the post that helped most - doing so will mark this thread solved and help others in future with similar problems.

Good to know!!!

Glad it worked and you didn't have to wait for Moderators.... which could have taken time...

nevtelen444

Thanks all.. Restarted again (for like the 20th time) and I'm on Public.

[Solved by waiting 1/2 hour; odd delay for service but not for port-in ........... Luddite]

TheGx

@nevtelen444 :By private message click on the envelope button in top right corner and address it to moderator team.

@nevtelen444 wrote:

How would I write to moderators pls?

A ticket should be opened by going to:  Chat with Public Mobile (tiia.ai)

nevtelen444

How would I write to moderators pls?

nevtelen444

Tried again select automatically...unable to connect.

TheGx

@nevtelen444 :There might be problem with porting process, it happened to me once, you should write to moderator team now too see if problem is technical.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@nevtelen444 

Try resetting the network settings on your phone.

nevtelen444

Yes.  Tried also.  Now I saw Public Mobile and it says it cannot connect 😞

@nevtelen444 wrote:

I tried Telus, but it doesn't work.

Did you also try automatic network selection?

nevtelen444

I tried Telus, but it doesn't work.

@TheGx wrote:

@nevtelen444 :Yeah depends where you porting from, you should keep your old SIM in until it no service, then put Public one in.

Here a thread about porting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num... 

nevtelen444 has already received a message from Public Mobile saying to restart the phone. That says to me that porting is already complete.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nevtelen444 wrote:

Just signed up.  Ported number.  Got message from Public to restart phone to complete porting.  I did that.  Put in the Public SIM and there is no Public network.  I can see Telus and others but not Public.  Am I supposed to wait some time before connection?

Try removing SIM, power down phone, restart phone, then reinsert SIM.

The service SHOULD work.

TELUS is Public Mobile's parent company, so you may wish to try selecting that one, but you shouldn't have to - it should relate to Public Mobile since that's the SIM card you activated.

TheGx

@nevtelen444 :Yeah depends where you porting from, you should keep your old SIM in until it no service, then put Public one in.

Here a thread about porting:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num... 

@nevtelen444 wrote:

There shouldn't be any wait time to see the Public Mobile network. The service should have been working for outgoing communications even before the porting completed.   Try the Telus network. It's the same network. 

Need Help? Let's chat.