cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PM signal after porting, couldn't connect

tghocson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported my number from kodoo mobile today. It has been more than 5 hours since I lost my connection from kodoo, and yet I cannot connect to PMs network. I have a Pixel 3xl. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

10 REPLIES 10

Kikipo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, 

I am also having issues porting my phone number. My carrier was Bell. 

I can’t seem to post a new ticket, so I am hoping this gets picked up here. 

thank you in advance for any help! 

@uli4ik- You found an old thread. The ticket system seems to be broken. Use this instead.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Are you coming from a Koodo prepaid account or postpaid? You should be able to transfer Koodo postpaid. Koodo prepaid needs support.
Did you leave the Koodo sim in a phone?

uli4ik

This link points to chatbot. I can not open service ticket 
Please help me, I can't transfer number from koodo. I have not received any sms on koodo number

@Javatyger wrote:

Hi all. I’m having the same issue

i ported my number in from Koodo, no issues on the Koodo side and they closss my account, however, I can’t make or receive calls. Koodo says they completed the job, but PM hasn’t. I checked my account, the number is active on my file, and I have a LTE signal, but no calls, and cannot surf internet. 

This sounds to be an error in provisioning the service of your account.  Please open a ticket to communicate with a customer support agent by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Javatyger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all. I’m having the same issue

i ported my number in from Koodo, no issues on the Koodo side and they closss my account, however, I can’t make or receive calls. Koodo says they completed the job, but PM hasn’t. I checked my account, the number is active on my file, and I have a LTE signal, but no calls, and cannot surf internet. 

@tghocson wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Koodo post paid or prepaid?

If it's prepaid you have to contact moderators for assistance.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

CLICK ME 

Its postpaid.

Regardless of your Koodo account being postpaid, you're still almost certainly going to need to get the help of Public Mobile's moderators since your service isn't working. Your phone is compatible since you were using it at Koodo.

@Jb456If the account was Koodo prepaid, the self serve or activation system would not have even allowed the porting request to have been submitted.

tghocson

@Jb456 wrote:

Simon.JPG

CLICK ME 

Its postpaid.

@tghocson wrote:

I just ported my number from kodoo mobile today. It has been more than 5 hours since I lost my connection from kodoo, and yet I cannot connect to PMs network. I have a Pixel 3xl. What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Porting isn't related to connecting to the network when using the Public Mobile service.  The only thing that should be affected by a failed port would be incoming texts from people not using Telus services and incoming phone calls. This means that there is some other issue at work, more likely with the setup/provisioning of the new account.  Since you were already using Koodo, your phone is surely compatible with Public Mobile. You will need to contact the moderators as per the instructions provided earlier.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Simon.JPG

CLICK ME 

Need Help? Let's chat.