cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: No Mobile Data!! same question no solution!?!?!??!

@kaan glad you got it going.  Great having persistence. And to share solution as it helps others. 

As a side note this shows the importance of also asking the right questions and a note for the future to ask what the previous carrier was.  I know samsung freedom phones has similar data issues when moving over (I think some bands were deactivated)

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry.. I know I should have shared the link properly instead of reposting the posting..

@srlawren wrote:

For reference, here is the post from @imcphers that @kaan pasted the content of above:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/ZTE-AXON-7-APN-Settings/m-p/114462/hi...

@kaan glad you got your solution!  For future reference, please feel free to just link rather than posting the contents of the post verbatim.

I just got too excited when I finally found the solution and wanted to share it right away.. had a brain freeze..

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kaan all good.  🙂  I'm just being pedantic (as usual). 😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter just switched over and is having the same issue. They said it’s something to do the with APN settings but I’ve had to bring her phone back into Walmart twice now for this issue. (I-phone 7) this is ridiculous. Is it even possible for the apn settings to revert back? It’s been set twice now. 

Highlighted

@Telwood wrote:

My daughter just switched over and is having the same issue. They said it’s something to do the with APN settings but I’ve had to bring her phone back into Walmart twice now for this issue. (I-phone 7) this is ridiculous. Is it even possible for the apn settings to revert back? It’s been set twice now. 

@Telwood as I'm not an iPhone expert, I'm going to tag a few to try to answer that question:  @CalgaryBen @Luddite @Rockdaddy22 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Telwood wrote:

Generally you can't set the APN on the iPhone through the user interface (it's set by the carrier profile, and over-ridden through a configuration profile).

Make sure you're not using a configuration profile: Settings --> Cellular --> Cellular Data Network --> Reset Settings.

Then, make sure you have the latest iOS (check in Settings --> General --> About). As of this writing, you should have iOS Version 12.1, and the Carrier profile should be Public Mobile 33.0. If either of these is not up-to-date, your best bet is to update them (Settings --> General --> Software Upate).

Highlighted

Thanks @CalgaryBen, that's exactly the type of guidance I was hoping one of you find gents would provide.  Cheers!

Highlighted

Great advice above 🙂

One question, is the phone from freedom mobile? If so, we need to change the profile. 

Highlighted

You could also use this, this option is usually for older iPhones though. I’m thinking this iPhone 7 is from Freedom. 

https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

You could also use this, this option is usually for older iPhones though. I’m thinking this iPhone 7 is from Freedom. 

https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

The unlockit site is excellent, but I generally only refer to it for iPhone 4S and earlier.  A working carrier profile on iPhone 5 and up should mitigate the need to push a network profile from unlockit!

For readers who are curious -- the Freedom network/configuration profile (which can be deleted by doing the setting reset step outlined previously, and is not to be confused with the carrier profile) is installed if you opt-into the "free WiFi" that Freedom Mobile offers, which leverages the Shaw Passpoint hotspots.  The config profie includes WiFi hotspot authentication credentials for Freedom subscribers.  It's sometimes a bit of a pain when migrating users off of Freedom because this profile gets in the way and may over-ride settings in the carrier profile...