cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Incoming Calls or Texts

cookiesandgilk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just came from Freedom Mobile, though a London Drugs, got my number ported over. I am able to make calls, send texts and use data. However, no calls or texts are coming in. Any help is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

@lou99 wrote:

I've ported my number from Shaw to PM over 6 days ago and i'm unable to receive anything. when i call my number my shaw landline still rings. if i call out from my PM device it does show my Shaw phone number on the caller id, but even when friends try to call me back the shaw landline rings. when will this port be complete? 6 days and i have not been able to use the phone, this is not right, can someone help?

Here is some info from another thread:

Oracle
Re: Porting Landline
@oilpaint wrote:

Hi guys,

I've set up a temporary phone number as I've heard that's the best thing to do before porting. I was wondering how long my landline # will stay active after I send in my porting information via public mobile self serve. I've read it may take 1 week to port a landline but does that mean my landline will also not work for that 1 week or what?

thanks

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-Landline/m-p/392297#M75171

They say a week it depends on how long it takes your current provider to release the number.  They may contact you and try to keep you as a customer.  Your landline should still continue to work until the port is complete.  Once you initiate the port your PM line will now display your landline number when you call or text people.  It just won't ring on your cell phone when someone calls you until the port is completed

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

View solution in original post

lou99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've ported my number from Shaw to PM over 6 days ago and i'm unable to receive anything. when i call my number my shaw landline still rings. if i call out from my PM device it does show my Shaw phone number on the caller id, but even when friends try to call me back the shaw landline rings. when will this port be complete? 6 days and i have not been able to use the phone, this is not right, can someone help?

@cookiesandgilk wrote:

It has been 4 hours.I have already messaged the moderator team. That being said, they are on EST and it is a long weekend... Hopefully I can get this resolved before the weekend begins.

@cookiesandgilk  It should be completed by the end of the day. Just continue to use your Freedom sim until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port is complete. Just insert your Public sim and everything should start working.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cookiesandgilk wrote:

It has been 4 hours.I have already messaged the moderator team. That being said, they are on EST and it is a long weekend... Hopefully I can get this resolved before the weekend begins.

Moderator wait time is up to 2 - 3 days.

While you are waiting, continue to use your Freedom SIM card until it stops working.  Then, switch to using your new PM SIM card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cookiesandgilk wrote:

Hello,

I just came from Freedom Mobile, though a London Drugs, got my number ported over. I am able to make calls, send texts and use data. However, no calls or texts are coming in. Any help is appreciated.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your Freedom to release you number to PM. Not until Freedom  release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If your Freedom SIM card is still working, continue to use your Freedom SIM card until it stop working.  Then, switch to your new PM SIM card.

cookiesandgilk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@cookiesandgilk hello it can take a few hours for port to complete if its much longer than that contact a moderator here with your issue in the meantime you can use your freedom sim till it stops working

Need Help? Let's chat.