cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

Cirnosu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have a Moto G. I checked the IMEI with Public Mobile and everything was good. I got my sim, unlocked my phone, got a number. I did NOT port. Activation failed at first, and I had no service at all. Then, the next day, I can call, I can get and send texts. I am now testing data, and I have none. My APN settings automatically were there. I checked and double checked. I restarted my phone. Still no data. I am sad now. I have the fall promotional plan. How can I get data?
9 REPLIES 9

Is your phone from koodoo/Telus, if so no need to unlock.  

However since its working now for you, your phone must be unlcoked now.  It will not changed.  You can use it on other network too. 😄

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think a factory reset will kill your network unlock.  That happens at a deeper level.

Cirnosu

Well, yeah I had my fingers crossed that I didn't have to factory reset. As far as I understand it would re-instate the network lock, right? I also hoped that I didn't have to buy some more expensive type of unlock code.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Yup.  In this model of service, you need to know how to do some setting or works on your phone as noone is there with you. 

At least its working in your case easily. 🙂

WearySky

Awesome news!  Yeah, at least you don't have an LG G4 or G5 - the only solution for those phones is a full factory reset, for some reason.

Cirnosu
I really can't believe that worked. I re-made the APN settings and restarted my phone again. It seems to be working now.

It irritates me when a bug like this occurs where the solution defies logic, but oh well, I'm glad it's working. Thanks!

WearySky

One thing that has worked for some folks in the past is to completely remove the auto-populated APN settings and re-add them.  No idea why that makes any difference, but sometimes it works.  Otherwise, one of the mods will have to help you.  I'll go ahead and tag @Mary_M as a start, at any rate.

Cirnosu

Its definitely the PM details. I've never been with telus anyways.

In fact, I've never had a data plan before.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi did the apn setting autopopulate with the telus or PM data.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com   (this is the PM one)
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220