cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data on LG G5, switched from Telus

jchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I recently got my phone to work with Public Mobile. After some back and forth and some restarting. My phone number is now ported over and I can make/receive calls and texts. The one thing that is still missing is data. 

I see under self-serve that I do have a data plan. 

Here's some more info:

No APNs appear on the list by default. 

I've tried addding the APN suggested in the knowledge base for android phones. 

Restarted a few times.

Toggled airplane mode. 

So far nothing has worked. I did see some threads where users with the G4 had to factory reset their phones to get them working. I'm considering this but don't want to do it unless I've run out of all other options. 

Is there anything else worth trying?

thanks.

35 REPLIES 35

jchan

Hi @WearySky. I just tried this on your reccomendation. When I did the APN I manually setup disappeared and the APN screen now says "No APNs" and is blank. 

I then readded the Public Mobile APN manually, did an airplane mode cycle. Restarted my phone. 

Still no data.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@meekju1339 wrote:

You must wait until you get the text saying that the porting is complete. Untill then, some things work but not all will work untill that text is recieved. Do not worry about the apn settings as they are set by default contrary to what most people believe.

A couple things:

1 - Data should work immediately, even if the port is incomplete.  And in this case, since @jchan can receive and make calls and texts, the port appears to be complete

2 - Sometimes APN settings *aren't* set by default.  There are numerous people who have had to manually enter them.

@jchan - it sounds like you've tried everything that I'm aware of to get it working, unfortunately I think the only option you haven't tried (that I'm aware of).  The one trick that seemed to work for others was completely removing all APN settings and re-adding them, but since you didn't have any to begin with, that obviously won't work.  Have you tried "reset to default" on the APN settings page?  That's what it is in stock Android on my Nexus 6P, I'm not sure if it's the same in the G5.

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should of already gotten it then. The text reads, "public mobile here: your transfer request has been completed successfully. welcome to public mobile and thank you for joining us". Can you just confirm if you have receive that message or not?

jchan

Thanks for the info @meekju1339.

I received and activated my SIM card last wednesday. At that time I also submitted my porting request. My Telus SIM/number stopped working some time on Friday. It took some back and forth with some helpful support people before I finally got my phone number and texts working this morning. 

Based on that info how long do you think it'll be until I get my porting text and my data working?

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You must wait until you get the text saying that the porting is complete. Untill then, some things work but not all will work untill that text is recieved. Do not worry about the apn settings as they are set by default contrary to what most people believe.

Need Help? Let's chat.