cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data - how to restore?

jackieciciretto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I am reaching out on behalf of my mother who currently has the $30 plan for 30 days.  She likely ran out of data last month, but since its been paid for a new month has been started, she still doesn't have any data access.  Can you please advise?  She is also interested in increasing her plan to the $35 a month option.  But She has been running on zero data for the last couple of weeks...I wanted to resolve for this first, before we change options.

Thanks for your help.

20 REPLIES 20

@jackieciciretto It can take them up to 48 hours to respond.

jackieciciretto

how quick are moderators usually to respond?  

@jackieciciretto wrote:

I've just send a message to the moderator.  She has an android phone.  Hope we get this resolved.

thanks for your guidance.

@jackieciciretto  Is this a new phone that she is using? What's the make and model? If you dial *#*#4636#*#*  and select phone information what is listed under Data Network and preferred network type?

@jackieciciretto  I would suggest to downgrade your mom to either the $25 plan (with 1GB) or upgrade to the $35 plan with 1.5GB. Either way your mom will have a larger data bucket.

jackieciciretto

I've just send a message to the moderator.  She has an android phone.  Hope we get this resolved.

thanks for your guidance.

@jackiecicirettocan you swap your sim card with your mother to see if the problem persists on your own phone? If it is then contact the Moderator (the link was given a few replies above) is the correct course of action. We are all just regular users of Public Mobile here.. if indeed it is a problem with your mom's account only the Moderators can assist.

I don't want to throw you off topic in case other members may have the answer, but I've seen alot about this the last month.

If it's an iphone check:

https://www.gottabemobile.com/ios-12-problems-5-things-you-need-to-know/

If not, disregard. One of the issues is loss of data connection.

@jackieciciretto wrote:

I checked her transaction history...and she is on the 30 day $30 plan which inlcudes 500 MB.  Her phone shows that data usage is on and mobile network data is on....but she doesn't have access to any data.  She is not able to do any searches...the only thing she can do is text message and call people.  No facetime.  Please advise.  She would like to change her plan to increase data eventually...but I would like to have this resolved before doing so.

jackieciciretto

further adding to my message above, prior to all of this she was able to receive pictures and whatsapp messages, and check the weather.  It was simple stuff...but now she has no accesss....and should as it's covered in her $30 monthly payments

jackieciciretto

I checked her transaction history...and she is on the 30 day $30 plan which inlcudes 500 MB.  Her phone shows that data usage is on and mobile network data is on....but she doesn't have access to any data.  She is not able to do any searches...the only thing she can do is text message and call people.  No facetime.  Please advise.  She would like to change her plan to increase data eventually...but I would like to have this resolved before doing so.

jackieciciretto

correct.  out an about away from wi-fi coverage

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

What do you mean by 'only uses data when roaming'?

@stonechucker my gut feeling is that by "roaming" @jackieciciretto means "out and about, away from home Wi-Fi coverage", rather than literal cellular roaming (being outside your home country).  At least, that's the only context in which their statements make sense.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

What do you mean by 'only uses data when roaming'?

Public Mobile only roams in the US, and to do so, you need US roaming add-ons of voice, text, or data, or a combo.

Data must be enabled if data is to be used, and if she is sending MMS (rather than SMS) messages, the data needs to be turned on, but will not consume data from the plan allowance (zero-rated).

If you believe there is a discrepancey then contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@jackieciciretto wrote:

I was able to look at data usage in self serve and she is not using too much data.  And her phone continues to show that network is currently unavailable.  She only uses mobile data roaming.  This roaming completely stopped since the last cycle and has not started up again.  But on self serve it shows that data is being used...not much, but its being used, as little as 1MB.

Is it only data not working? In self serve does her plan after renewal show she has data (the renewal was for the right plan)?

EDIT: Check in payment history that when the planned renewed it renewed for the correct plan. IE. you got charged for data.

jackieciciretto

I was able to look at data usage in self serve and she is not using too much data.  And her phone continues to show that network is currently unavailable.  She only uses mobile data roaming.  This roaming completely stopped since the last cycle and has not started up again.  But on self serve it shows that data is being used...not much, but its being used, as little as 1MB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackieciciretto wrote:

How do I log in to self-serve.  Is that where "My plan" details are?

Top right corner of this page...My Account in orange.

jackieciciretto

How do I log in to self-serve.  Is that where "My plan" details are?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jackieciciretto , if a renewal has taken place, there should be data.  Login to the self serve and see what the usage looks like.  It should be right in the overview tab.  If you see no data mentioned there, it is all used up. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jackieciciretto As mentioned above, check your mother's self-serve account and see the current status. If the plan recently renewed, she should have data available to use as long as the plan includes data. If she is using data too much, you might want to first check the usage on her phone to see any data leakage before upgrading her plan. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can check data usage in the self serve account under data and add-ons.  If no amount is shown then the data has been used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.