cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Calling Service, even though my plan is unlimited Canada-wide Talk included

LFollows
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up with Public and my phone has service.  The plan I chose has data (working), unlimited text (working) and unlimited Canada-wide talk (not working).

How do I get the Talk to work?  I can't make calls.  I get a recording saying Talk is not part of my plan but it very clearly in the description is included.

10 REPLIES 10

@LFollows  try these apple help tips for calls not working. See article  https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204027

@LFollows 

If port in process. Can you confirm if your old sim still works or not? If it does then you can be less anxious and know to just wait it out.  

I know....anxious may be the wrong word to use. 

LFollows

I did port the number over and Bell was almost instant in removing my service. 

@LFollows wrote:

Ported the number.  iPhone 7.  Currently trying the airplane mode trick.  Already tried rebooting and removing SIM.  

Appreciate the help ideas! 🙂

Then the port may still be in progress, so hang on and welcome to PM:)

@LFollows wrote:

No.  $40 plan with unlimited Canada-wide calling.  I just signed up this afternoon.  My initial payment was accepted so I should be paid up for the month.  Are there any settings on my phone I need to change?  I did change the APN but is there maybe something else?

@LFollows   Did you port your number at activation?  Sometimes just waiting another hour or two will finish the process.  Usually rebooting the phone a few times whilst waiting can help.

LFollows

Ported the number.  iPhone 7.  Currently trying the airplane mode trick.  Already tried rebooting and removing SIM.  

Appreciate the help ideas! 🙂

LFollows

No.  $40 plan with unlimited Canada-wide calling.  I just signed up this afternoon.  My initial payment was accepted so I should be paid up for the month.  Are there any settings on my phone I need to change?  I did change the APN but is there maybe something else?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LFollows 

Did you port over a number?  or did you activate a new number?  

Which model phone?

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LFollows wrote:

I just signed up with Public and my phone has service.  The plan I chose has data (working), unlimited text (working) and unlimited Canada-wide talk (not working).

How do I get the Talk to work?  I can't make calls.  I get a recording saying Talk is not part of my plan but it very clearly in the description is included.

@LFollows   Did you just activate today, or changed plans and are having issues?

First try rebooting your phone.  You can also try powering off your phone, remove the SIM, wait 5 mins, reinsert SIM and restart your phone.

Another thing to try is to top up your account with $1 and reboot your phone.

Sometimes these workarounds will get your service going again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Your service may not have provisioned correctly @LFollows .  Try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Need Help? Let's chat.