cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare: Account not activated, Card Charged

wealthfitzyou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I thought today would be an exciting and smooth day with activating my public mobile account. 

After waking up 2 hours earlier than normal at 5am, it is now 6:48am and I have not solved this problem. 

What’s worse is that my card was charged the full amount and I only had that amount specific for this activation. Now I am left with no account, no phone plan for calling and texting, and no money. 

PLEASE HELP!

I even spent so much time finding the perfect phone number, so I hope it was selected and still works 😞

12 REPLIES 12

wealthfitzyou

Thank you very much everyone for your help and responses. I'm very happy with the support of this community!

Moderators were able to find the account and finish the activation process, for some reason they said it was incomplete.

Only downside is that the phone number was lost, but they're coordinating a new number for me now!

@wealthfitzyou  when you check your APN settings does it show Public Mobile?

Also are you certain your phone is unlocked? 

When you have your sim card in and turn on the phone. Does the signal bar have bars? Does it say public mobile network?

@wealthfitzyou contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

wealthfitzyou

Thanks really appreciate your help and prompt responses. 

Can’t use that link because it has to verify my phone number by text and I can’t receive any messages since the plan isn’t active. I don’t even know if the phone number I chose was saved...

@wealthfitzyou sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If this fails, try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

Reset your Network Settings.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

@wealthfitzyou 

This is actually a "community forums account ".

Your self serve account is different. It's where you can see your account details, make payments, add autopay, see transactions/ usage history, etc 

Here's the link again to create one.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Also  Try putting your phone in airplane mode for 5 minutes and back again or try restarting your phone to see if it helps.

wealthfitzyou

Nothing happens with SIM card in, it connects to the PM network but can't text or go online.

iPhone X, and yes I had to make the self serve account to message here.

wealthfitzyou

Yes, I have the SIM in the phone and received a 611 message saying "my current plan does not have text messaging"

I followed all protocol, step by step with clearing cache and using incognito browser (which I thought was really interesting). My card was charged, and I leave for work in 10 minutes with no phone plan or data...

Thank you very much.

What have you tried?

What happens when you put your sim card in?

What model phone do you have?

Have you tried link in my first post to create a self serve account?

@wealthfitzyou 

wealthfitzyou

Yes, have pretty much tried all trouble shooting methods.

Waiting for Moderator to respond now.

Thank you.

Did you pass the payment section?

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incongnito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wealthfitzyou Hello have you tried your Sim in your phone to see if you have service ?

Need Help? Let's chat.