Did you mean: 

Fenway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up.I can call out but can't receive calls or texts

6 REPLIES 6

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Fenway

Ditto to all as porting time can vary. You would receive a confirmation text message once the port is successful.

If you don't receive this confirmation text, and find that you can't receive calls on your phone with the Public Mobile SIM after 24 hours of requesting the port, send a private message to the Moderator Team.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alex888 wrote:

You should check your phone to make sure it isn't in Airplane or Do Not Disturb mode.

It wouldn't be in airplane mode since OP can make calls. As others said, it's likely an unfinished port.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You should check your phone to make sure it isn't in Airplane or Do Not Disturb mode.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fenway wrote:

Ports take time. Your old SIM/line is still getting the calls. Mobile to Mobile takes up to half a day, usually 4-6 hours. Landline to Mobile takes 2-3 business days, and VOIP to Mobile can take up to a week. Sometimes a company will refuse to release a number until they have had a chance to try to win the customer back, othertimes it just takes a bit of time to be processed.

@Fenway wrote:

If you requested a phone number to be transfered to Public Mobile, I would wait a few hours. Incoming calls would not work until the phone number has been fully transfered over.  Outgoing calls doesn't give any indication of that.  Until that time, all incoming calls and texts will keep going to the service of the carrier that the phone number is coming from.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Fenway

Did you port a number over or did you pick a new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.