cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New

Heer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When does my free data start. After first billing?

15 REPLIES 15

MariaMath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe it starts immediately, assuming free data is the data you get for the $15 plan signing up for Autopay.

Sorry for the late reply!

Welcome to Public Mobile!

@gblackma 

The 2GB for signing up at London Drugs shouldn't take 30 days. Public Mobile asked customers to wait 5 business days.

@kselmak 

Autopay data bonus only renews when the plan renews.

@gblackma 

Hmmm now I'm curious if I'm low on 250m and if i drop the autopay before I run out, i will still have that data. Now if i run out totally and then sign up for autopay, will I get it again? 

I guess the next experiment:)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

When does my free data start. After first billing?

@Heer  Right away! Your first billing was done during activation. PM is a prepay provider.

🤔😁 @kselmak  haven't tried that one yet.

@gblackma so it's effective immediately, the add-on shows up in your add-on page and you can use it immediately

That's nice

You don't lose it if you drop out of autopay though

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Heer 

Did you just activate you account at London Drug with free 2GB data + Free SIM card?

If yes, your will get your bonus data within 5 days after activation according to the advertisement.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Thinking-of-subscribing-London-Drugs-...

Did you activate a $35 or higher value plan?

@kselmak adding the autopay credit card later automatically gives you the appropriate data add on. At least, that's what happened for me.

@gblackma 

Do they have promo?

Do you know which plans it applies to?

I'm assuming one time add-on, right?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Oh I think I see

You get done extra data when you register for autopay.

That will give you free data on 15 plan

Is that they plan?

You'll should have it immediately when you signed up if you chose to signup for autopay.

If you didn't, I guess after you register for it, the next renewal would bring it for you.

I actually am pulling this from behind my ear as I don't have experience with it, just my belief.

If you add autopay later, I'm not sure if you could ask moderators to add that data for you.

I would be interested too

What plan are you on?

What kind of phone do you have?

If it's an Android check you APN settings. They should be like below.

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

 if above don't work. Try leaving the bottom two MNVOs blank.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Which plan do you have ?  It should appear under data and add-ons.  You would need to setup APN settings.

• Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Input this info:

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Heer Once you activate your SIM. Set up autopay and receive the PM welcome email. If you signed up under the London drugs 2 gig promotion, within 30 days.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Heer 

Which free data are you referring to?

Could you clarify?

Did you signup with some promotion?

Thanks

Welcome to public mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.