cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user porting number from Virgin account that is not in my name

nsbil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am about to sign up for PM, and have the sim card.  Presently my phone is on Virgin Mobile but I am secondary to my wife who is the account holder.  I want to bring my phone number over but I have heard that a number can only be ported if the Virgin and PM accounts are in the same name.    I should have said that my wife is staying over on Virgin.   Any comments?

8 REPLIES 8

@nsbil  The rbc promo is available until Sept 30th 2019. To qualify you must activate online, choose a plan $40 +, put RBCREWARDS  in the promo box (on the "pick a plan page") during activation. Pay with a credit card. (Register with Auto Pay at this time you will get a $2 reward every month.) This promo gives you $10 off your plan for 6 months and a 5gb data bonus that will roll over til used or you downgrade or are suspended. In this case if you choose the $40 plan you get unlimited Canada wide calling&texting, 4.5gb data +500mb Auto Pay bonus with rbc promo you will pay $30-$2 reward=$28 per 30 days for 6 months and you get the $10 referral credit from your son so your second "bill" will be $18.....

@nsbil wrote:

Okay, so what is the referral code exactly?  I do have a number from my son who is in PM already, but I thought that helped him, not me.... 

@nsbil  It helps both of you. You will receive a $10 Credit on your account he will receive a $1 reward every month you are a customer. Not sure which plan you are choosing but if it's $40+ you are eligible for the rbc promo.

nsbil

Okay, so what is the referral code exactly?  I do have a number from my son who is in PM already, but I thought that helped him, not me.... 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@nsbil   also don't forget a refferal code when you activate to get a 10$ credit on your new account! 

@nsbil 

Just a reminder that you really only need three pieces of informaiton for successful port;

1 Account holder name

2 Account number

3 phone number

The rest of the information like IME, PIN is not needed for port and sometimes this "extra" information may cause stalled port.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@nsbil it doesn't matter whose name you put on the account as long as when you port it over you put her name and account number on the porting page.   Also you should pick a new number with public mobile when activating and after it works go back in your new self serve account and then port the number over from Virgin 

nsbil

Thanks, I never thought of using her name on the PM account...  great idea!   Maybe later I will be able to convince her to move as well....

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should be able to port the number with no issues. When porting to PM, it will ask for the name on the OLD service provider account (see image below). Just fill in your wife's name. Worst case senario, get your wife to make a PM profile in her name, and then after the port has gone through, edit her PM profile and change the name on the account to your name.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 7.01.06 AM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.