cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - phone calls, emails and texts work, but every website refuses connection

brucereid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've just activated a Public Mobile account, and should have 250MB of data. My account status shows most of 250MB available, I've carefully checked the APN settings, and still no web access. My account status shows over 6MB used in the past hour or so, but all I've sent are a few small test emails. Is there a waiting period for data to work? Why do emails get through, but not web traffic?

13 REPLIES 13

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@brucereidIf you put in an IP address into your phone's browser eg 198.252.206.140 for stackexchange does it show you any data or page? It might just be your DNS settings.

brucereid

Indeed! I'm fairly techie, but this is another world!

@brucereid phones can be so much fun sometimes eh?Smiley LOL

brucereid

I did have restrictions on cellular data for some apps, but not the Chrome browser, so it should have worked. I went in and flipped the master switch to remove all restrictions, and Chrome started working. I can't explain it, but it worked. Now I have to go back and shut down access to anyting that looks like a data hog.

@brucereid wrote:

Thanks. I've already got a request with them to port my PC Mobile number. I hope they can do out before my PC Mobile account expires I two days. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask this data question too

No it is not gonna hurt just make sure that there is no confusion with the issues. Start a separate ticket for it you may get a different moderator to deal with that. 

brucereid

Thanks. I've already got a request with them to port my PC Mobile number. I hope they can do out before my PC Mobile account expires I two days. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask this data question too

brucereid

Thanks. This is an Asus Android phone, and I do have some apps disabled, but the browser is not disabled, and it worked with PC Mobile until I swapped SIM cards today. Only the APN settings are different. 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I spent two days trying to nail it my phone just didn't work until they pushed an sms with correct settings. Contact the moderators they will pick correct settings for your phone, it's worth the wait

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@brucereid wrote:

I'm using an Asus Zenfone3 (ZE552KL). Here are screenshots of APNScreenshot_20190630-201400.jpg

Screenshot_20190630-201417.jpg

@brucereid You need to set the APN type the same as below:

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

NW1

On IPhones when you go into your cellular settings you can turn of a certain apps access to data. You might have disable the data for safari if you are using an IPhone.

brucereid

I'm using an Asus Zenfone3 (ZE552KL). Here are screenshots of APNScreenshot_20190630-201400.jpg

Screenshot_20190630-201417.jpg

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@brucereid What phone do you have? Did you turn on the data option in settings? If yes, double check the apn. Slightest error can cause data to not work. Post a screenshots of APN settings if you can so we can try to spot any error. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@brucereid go into your data settings and see what you are blocking you may have to enable diff app for data another thing I forgot to mention as soon as you connect you use approximatly 5.2 mb even if you don't do much but that is returned awhile later

Need Help? Let's chat.