cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, not able to send / receive SMS messages.

Cassidy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone, I've sent this message to a moderator as well, but I read on the forum it can take awhile sometimes to get a response, so I've asked it here as well (apologies if that's overdoing it!).

Hello,

Just joined Public Mobile yesterday, happy to be here!

I ported my old phone number from Virgin Mobile over to Public. 

I cannot send or receive SMS or iMessage messages, although I've received texts from Public Mobile.

When I activated my sim, I received a message saying "We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to publicmobile.ca, click contact us, and complete the sim & activation online form."

I've already filled out that form, and still cannot text.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks for any help!

7 REPLIES 7

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you transfer (port) your phone# from another provider ?  If you did then you would need to contact a moderator for asisstance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number over from old cell provider ? If so, who is that ? Depending on where you're porting from, it could take a week or longer.

xy

I joined Public Mobile on Sunday and I am having the same problem. I can only send/receive text to other public mobile customer.

Melissah2623

In ur settings under messages is everything turned on? iMessage, sms and mms

Cassidy

Gotcha, thanks for the response. I'll wait on a moderator.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cassidy wrote:

Hey everyone, I've sent this message to a moderator as well, but I read on the forum it can take awhile sometimes to get a response, so I've asked it here as well (apologies if that's overdoing it!).

Hello,

Just joined Public Mobile yesterday, happy to be here!

I ported my old phone number from Virgin Mobile over to Public. 

I cannot send or receive SMS or iMessage messages, although I've received texts from Public Mobile.

When I activated my sim, I received a message saying "We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to publicmobile.ca, click contact us, and complete the sim & activation online form."

I've already filled out that form, and still cannot text.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks for any help!

You did everything right. If there is a problem with the port the moderators will contact you via a private message for additional information. Once the port is complete they will notify you via a SMS.

In the meantime you can use your old SIM to make calls/texts until the port is completed. You will know once your old SIM stops working.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Might be an incomplete port, which would mean only the Moderators can fix it.

Do you get internet data and phone calls alright?

If your data isn't working, it would likely mean the issue is with your phone's APN settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.