cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user locked out

DougB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received my SIM card in the mail today and the activation process went smoothly until it asked to pick my new phone number. Nothing happened for a few minutes, it kinda froze up, then I get a message to try again in 50 minutes. So an hour later my log in credentials no longer work. So I try the robot guy and he’s no help so I ask for a human and he says I have to join the community which I do. Ok so finally I get to fill in the sheet to get a ticket but it won’t let me because I have no Public Mobile number. Catch 22. No number to phone and I’m stuck in a loop. Any suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16

@DougB Then you can click on the this link to send them a private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

DougB

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

My catch 22 is that I can't contact a Moderator because the form you fill out has to verify your who you are before allowing it to happen. It needs either your PublicMobile phone number or account information.  I have neither as the problem happened before I was given a number and now it won't allow me to log in using my username and password.  Appreciate everyone's help but no doubt about it...I'm shutting this down and having a cold beer.  I'll worry about this tomorrow. 

Thanks all for your help! 

@DougB wrote:

I was responding to LovesToPm’s post...I tried deleting all my browser history and trying to log in again but it didn’t work.  

@DougB Please don't try logging in, that won't work.

I hope you trying the activation: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

If it has been more than 1 hour since your last attempt and you still get the "Invalid SIM" message, you'll need to contact Moderators by submitting a ticket.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

DougB

I was responding to LovesToPm’s post...I tried deleting all my browser history and trying to log in again but it didn’t work.  

DougB

The last line in the body of you text is the problem. I cannot verify my account.

thanks but I think I’m in no mans land here.

Doug

@DougB wrote:

I didn’t even get a chance to enter my credit card info. It kicked me out before showing me any numbers.  
Thanks

Doug

Meanwhile, close your browser, clear the cache and open a new tab using incognito/private mode. Then you'll be ready to retry the activation.

@DougB wrote:

I just filled in everything again and this time it says invalid sim. I guess it’s because I’m already registered with that sim?  So frustrating that I can’t phoebe someone. When I set up my wife’s phone earlier it was easy....anyway thanks for the input. 

@DougB  That usually happens because the system created a session lock during your first session. Usually the lock gets delete within an hour so If it's been more that an hour between activation tries then you need to get help from the Moderators.

Click  here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

DougB

I didn’t even get a chance to enter my credit card info. It kicked me out before showing me any numbers.  
Thanks

Doug

@DougB wrote:

I just filled in everything again and this time it says invalid sim. I guess it’s because I’m already registered with that sim?  So frustrating that I can’t phoebe someone. When I set up my wife’s phone earlier it was easy....anyway thanks for the input. 

Has it been 1 hour since your last attempt?

If your credit card was not charged, please try again 1 hour later.

@DougB wrote:

Tried that just now but no luck. 

Sorry no idea what you tried. And what result you got.

Which makes it difficult for others to offer help.

DougB

DougB

Tried that just now but no luck. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DougB wrote:

I received my SIM card in the mail today and the activation process went smoothly until it asked to pick my new phone number. Nothing happened for a few minutes, it kinda froze up, then I get a message to try again in 50 minutes. So an hour later my log in credentials no longer work. So I try the robot guy and he’s no help so I ask for a human and he says I have to join the community which I do. Ok so finally I get to fill in the sheet to get a ticket but it won’t let me because I have no Public Mobile number. Catch 22. No number to phone and I’m stuck in a loop. Any suggestions?

@DougB  Try inserting the SIM card in your phone. If it connects to PM's network try making a call to see what the number is. Then click here to register your selfserve account.

If it doesn't connect try the activation in an hour. If you get an invalid SIM card then you need to get help from PM. by clicking here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@DougB Don't try to logon your account.

You need to retry the activation: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@DougB wait 50 minutess, clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to set up your account.  Here's an article on activation. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

When entering your credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you didn't complete the activation.

You can confirm if your credit card has not been charged.

Your SIM number may still be locked from your attempt. After 1 hour, you can try the activation again.

Need Help? Let's chat.