cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user and MMS not working

Allison3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just transferred my number over to Public Mobile from Virgin and tried to follow the steps (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone) to set up data on my Samsung Galaxy A5 phone. But under my APN settings there isn't a "MMSC proxy" line, so I don't know where I should enter "74.49.0.18" I tried putting that number under "MMS proxy" and leaving "MMS proxy" blank, but in both cases I can't send a text message with a photo in it. How do I fix this? I took screen shots of my APN page to hopefully help someone give me an answer. Thank you very much!

Screenshot_20200325-213036_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200325-213101_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200325-213108_Settings.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

@Allison3  Glad you got it working. 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Allison3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for your fast response. You fixed my problem!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Allison3 

Make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

Instead MMSC Proxy use MMS Proxy and leave APN Type blank (remove default)

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

For MMS proxy .. put this.

mmscproxy.mobility.ca.

On picture below. start with APN type and enter it and make sure others underneath APN type match yours.

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Allison3 wrote:

Hi,

I just transferred my number over to Public Mobile from Virgin and tried to follow the steps (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone) to set up data on my Samsung Galaxy A5 phone. But under my APN settings there isn't a "MMSC proxy" line, so I don't know where I should enter "74.49.0.18" I tried putting that number under "MMS proxy" and leaving "MMS proxy" blank, but in both cases I can't send a text message with a photo in it. How do I fix this? I took screen shots of my APN page to hopefully help someone give me an answer. Thank you very much!

Put those numbers back in MMS proxy and add ,mms to APN Type.

Need Help? Let's chat.