cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, PUK needed

Kellianne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all! I'm Kellianne, brand new here today 😊

Just activated my Sim card, unlocked from Fido network, now I'm getting a "Sim network blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

I pm'd the moderators, no response yet. Does anyone knows what what the average response time is? 

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brianplaineagle wrote:

How do i get puk code

What exact message is your phone giving you?

So you made it to the Community. Good. You did some searching. Good. You found this thread. Good. You figured out how to post in it. Good. But then evidently you didn't read it. ??

Brianplaineagle

How do i get puk code

Kellianne

Thank you! 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Kellianne 

While you wait for the mods to get back to you

Some good info from cappaj from his S7 and the messages he got. You may not need a PUK.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kellianne wrote:

Hi all! I'm Kellianne, brand new here today 😊

Just activated my Sim card, unlocked from Fido network, now I'm getting a "Sim network blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 

I pm'd the moderators, no response yet. Does anyone knows what what the average response time is? 

Welcome to Public Mobile!  The wait time is between a few hours up to 48 hours.  

@Kellianne , while waiting have a read through the following...post by @BrettJarvis and this post by @computergeek541 .  

Need Help? Let's chat.