cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user. Having trouble setting up data on my ZTE z850 android. Cannot find "Access Point names"

wiggymac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot find "Access Point names" under the settings tab so cannot proceed. Any kind someone help?

22 REPLIES 22

Awesome to hear... Feel free to come back if you have any issues down the road! 

Thank you for providing feedback. Very few do that so most of the time we are in the dark - did we help somebody or not.

@softech 

It came free with my $1.28 pm sim card. I can't resist a good deal on a sim card!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@wiggymac  Was it an APN issue? or was it software that needs update?

@darlicious   I thought you are all settle with your Pixel.. ZTE is no where near yours.. not the camera

@wiggymac 

Happy to hear it all worked out. I haven't put a SIM card in mine yet!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

wiggymac

(Not really a question, rather a follow-up).

Just to say a sincere thanks to those who offered help and details about this process. We have succeeded and now have full access to data and a fully functioning GPS to boot.

Hooray!

Mac

@wiggymac wrote:

Simply, thank you, thank you, thank you much. Data works!!

Mac

It is not exactly OK to solution one's own answer.

There were few valid suggestions from other customers so I believe it will be fair one of them to claim solution.

@wiggymac happy that it works 🙂

yes, those process is usually automatic.  But not all phones made equal with Android  🤣

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wiggymac Glad you got it working. Sounds like you just had to enter the APN settings correctly. 

Enjoy your Data 🙂

wiggymac

In the final analysis, I went back to an old post from 2020 and was able to follow through. It seems you just need enough info and to fill in enough lines of "data" to get to it.

I would not want to have to explain the process to another newcomer, however. I am still zero in tech stuff.

BeachNBeer

@wiggymac  How did you resolve the issue?

wiggymac

Simply, thank you, thank you, thank you much. Data works!!

Mac

Great find @BeachNBeer 

@wiggymac   It has been another 2 years, make sure your phone has the latest update it can get first and try to find the APN in the settings and see if it can change it.

If you still cannot find it, I suggest you to go to some Mobile store and ask them for help?  Sometimes, some sales are nice and they will help.  Or maybe go to a Koodo store and tell them if they can show you that this phone works with data , then you will consider joining them with your current phone (🤣

BeachNBeer

@wiggymac  What was the outcome from your old post from Nov 29 2019 about this? (Link below)

Where you able to locate APN settings and do you have ability to modify them?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/New-user-Having-trouble-setting-up-data-o...

@wiggymac 

is your phone a ZTE Grand X2?

These are the bands on your phone, BOLD are the compatible one with PM.

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17

According to this, your phone Data should work

What is your current APN settings?  check here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

wiggymac

I need someone to take me by the hand and help me figure out how to use DATA on this phone if it is possible. We have had it for several years, and we still have not been able to take advantage of the data usage available through the phone company. Can someone help (and just so you know, I am a technology dummy).in a step-by-step process or perhaps tell me once and for all that it cannot be achieved on this model.

Thx much.

Mac

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can check this out:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/android 

Hope it can help.

wiggymac

It's an android 5.1. Does that allow what you mention? I really need step-by-step help. I'm a dummy.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@wiggymac wrote:

Cannot find "Access Point names" under the settings tab so cannot proceed. Any kind someone help?

Any chance it's on Android 8.1 and it's a phone that doesn't allow APN change?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wiggymac wrote:

@wiggymac  Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Networks -> Advanced.

Need Help? Let's chat.