cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to public mobile having issues

Cbr2414
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up today, and ported my number over from fido. My data works and calling out works but I cannot receive calls or send \ receive texts.

Why is this happening?

I have restarted my phone about 8 times now.

Any ideas?

20 REPLIES 20

They will be more moderator tomorrow ... patience another day...:Smiley Frustrated

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Cbr2414 wrote:

Its been over 24 hours and stil not working. and i messaged the mods last night but havent gotten a response yet.

Sorry to hear it's still not working and I understand your frustration but hang in there a moderator should get back to you tomorrow and they should be able to resolve the issure.

@Cbr2414 wrote:

Its been over 24 hours and stil not working. and i messaged the mods last night but havent gotten a response yet.

Doubtful you will get a response tonight. Meanwhile, if you need to make calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Cbr2414

sandpublic

@Cbr2414 wrote:

Issue is still on going have not heard back from a moderater yet hoping to have some news by morning! 

If you put back the Fido sim you should be able to use your phone and receive calls. Once it stops working that means the port is 100% completed and at that point just re-insert the PM card and everything should work 

Cbr2414

Issue is still on going have not heard back from a moderater yet hoping to have some news by morning! 

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hope the issues have been resolved. The Mods are very effective in resolving issues. Moving forward, if there is no info. here to resolve your issues, the moderators are very helpful and responsive in resolving issues.

Welcome to PM.

mj23

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@missorange wrote:

interesting. I activate my acct at Walmart. seems that I received text message from public mobile right away.

Not if you ported your number over

@Dunkgirl  Not necessarily. I think you are confusing this with messages from everyone else. The message doesn't have to be routed outside the network so even with an incomplete port public mobile can still contact you with that number. Which is why you can during the porting process call yourself and text yourself with 2 phones to each phone for a short period of time that have the same number.

When people see this, they think something went wrong because they do not understand how the Public Mobile processing works.

@cavemantorontoluckily there is a great community to spread the knowledge around

@RobertQc wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@missorange wrote:

interesting. I activate my acct at Walmart. seems that I received text message from public mobile right away.

@Dunkgirl  Not necessarily. I think you are confusing this with messages from everyone else. The message doesn't have to be routed outside the network so even with an incomplete port public mobile can still contact you with that number. Which is why you can during the porting process call yourself and text yourself with 2 phones to each phone for a short period of time that have the same number.

When people see this, they think something went wrong because they do not understand how the Public Mobile processing works.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@missorange wrote:

@Cbr2414 wrote:

I got messAges from public mobile but can not from anyone else.

@Cbr2414  Right, public mobile doesn't need to send the message outside their network, to this network the ported number is already here

Cbr2414

I got messAges from public mobile but can not from anyone else.

Dunkgirl

@missorange wrote:

@missorange wrote:

@missorange  Activating a new account your features will work immediatly. If you ported things are different there is back end routing that needs to be done.

missorange

Dunkgirl

@Cbr2414 wrote:

I cannot receive calls or send \ receive texts.

@Cbr2414  If your port is incomplete you should still be able to send texts. Look at your SMSC setting on the phone and input 16475800172. Your phone may have different menus but it should be under the settings in your message program

Cbr2414

I did this at 750pm, est

Cbr2414

okay thank you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cbr2414 , how long has it been since you submitted the number port?  If it's has been at least 2 hours, your port has failed.  You will need moderator team assistance to resubmit the number port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Cbr2414 wrote:

I just signed up today, and ported my number over from fido. My data works and calling out works but I cannot receive calls or send \ receive texts.

Why is this happening?

I have restarted my phone about 8 times now.

Any ideas?

@Cbr2414  How long ago did you port?

If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

Need Help? Let's chat.