cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to public mobile and I need help transferring a phone number

Anonjr26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a account with Koodo Mobile and I want to change my number over to Public Mobile. So if there is a admin that can help me transfer my number over to Public Mobile. I would appreciate the assistance.

4 REPLIES 4

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Wow, I put in a huge response and it now disappeared....

short answer check out this link if you are prepaid with koodo. 

koodo help 

Or you can go to the Get help and ask on that page as well. 

you may need to unlock your phone through koodo

unlock a koodo phone 

Once you have the IME#

Follow the steps in https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

if you need any other help you can Private message me. 

Note that I am not a MOD but am willing to help out. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anonjr26 as long as it's not Koodo prepaid, you can port your number on activation. See article 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up 

If it's Koodo prepaid,  then activate your SIM card with a temporary cell phone number and contact a moderator to port your number. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one.
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Use this link to see what information  is required to port your number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Stay safe

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire
  1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Anonjr26  Yes you need to submit a ticket to PM include your Koodo account number, name on the account and the phone number 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.