cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to public mobile, Have some questions

feedo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys:)

i want to port my char-r number to publicmobile, How can i check if my number is portable?

is motorola e5 play compatible with puplic mobile (Data+talk)?

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_e5_play-9175.php

i'll get 2 plans (one talk+data, the other Talk only)

For 10 $ plan (50 minutes talks) what is the rate (pay per minute) after 50 minutes, do i need to buy add on after 50 mins?

i sent a private message to moderator but haven't get a reply.

14 REPLIES 14

You should remove your personal info as this is a public forum.

Here is information about the referral reward.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Mulchand
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can some one gives me detail of service if he is satisfied.  Also I want referral name number so I get credit as I intend to take $25 plan. Can reply on my cell or email xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com. My cell number xxxxxxxxx

Personal information removed  by computergeek541

It should be across Canada promotion.  I am not based in Montreal, so I don't know for sure.  You can call tomorrow to store and ask. 

Need to put your friend's public mobile phone number during activation of account.  

If you want to max your credits, get the data and talk plan at WOW mobile (1st month credit + $10) and get the $10 plan at Walmart ($25 credit + $10).  

For Walmart, it states free month credit for talk, text and data plans.  One customer on Redflagdeals.com did get the $10 plan at Walmart and got the $25 credit.  So, according to that customer, $10 plan is valid for that promo.  For WOW mobile, it is for any plan (data or no data).  

feedo

is this offer (Free Sim Card+ 1 Month Credit) available in wow stores (montreal) currently?

and in order to get the 10 $ referal credit, should i give them my friend referal code during activation or i can do that online after activating the line?

For walmart offer is it available in montreal? anybody hear tried that?

and i see that this offer (maybe wow offer too) is only for talk and data plans not for 10$ plan, right?

in this case i would take the (talk+data plan) from walmart and the 10 $ plan from wow store.

Don't forget to sign up for autopay also.  That gives you a monthly $2 credit.  For example, then your mother's line would be $8 per month.   Your line will also have a $2 credit monthly if you sign up for autopay also.  

Actually, for your mother's line, if you sign up at Walmart and London drugs, you will get $25 credit + $10 friend credit + $2 autopay.  That is $37 credit within 72 hours.  That is four months free for her account. This has been confirmed by a person at Redflagdeals.com.  

For your account (with Data), it would be more cost effective to go to WOW mobile promo.  Since the month credit is likely greater than $25.  

That promotion ended already. 

Right now, just the regular friend referral promo.

new customer (referee) gets $10 credit (within 72 hours)

old customer (referer) gets ongoing $1 monthly credit as long as new customer stays with PM

feedo

Awesome! i'll check wow mobile store near me.

but i found a woman on public mobile facebook page posting her referal code and saying that if i used her code both of us will get 25 $ credit, is that true?

Need two separate accounts with two separate email address to access.  Both talk add ons do not have expiry date (until used up).

If interested, there are a few promos available at different vendors.  At Walmart and London drugs, get free SIM card, $25 credit (after 72 hours) and $10 friend referral.  At WOW mobile, get free SIM card, free 2nd month credit (after 72 hours) and $10 friend referral.  You also can probably use your 1st line to act like your friend referral for your 2nd line.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Only one self serve account per number. If you use Gmail. Just add a + ie name+mom@gmail.com

Don't forget to use the first number as a referral. And if you are near a london drugs or wow I think they currently have a free sim and second month free offer. If you need a referral for the first number message someone in this thread they will most likely be more than happy to give you their number.

The long distance add-ons only expire when used up. I recvoment the 400 minutes as it allows limited international calling.

feedo

Thank you guys :), it was so fast to get help hear Smiley Very Happy

Motorola e5 play is a new model released this year in July, but after reading the frequencies it seems will work fine.

Now, i'll buy 2 SIMs. but can i manage my lines under one self-serve account?

one plan is for me (data+talk) the other one is for my mother (10 $ talk plan)

for add on, are both of them don't have expiry or just the 400 min?

@Dunkman wrote:

1.  You should be able to port over from Chatr

You can check your phone IME to see whether it will work on Public Mobile

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

That IMEI checker is known to be inaccurate. Best to use https://willmyphonework.net/, but i don't seem to find that phone model. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@feedo Hi there,

Yes, you should be able to port your number from chatr.

According to required bands for PM, your phone looks to be compatible. 

After you run out of the 50 mins, you will need to purchase either 200 min or 400 min talk add-on. This add-on does not expire until you use all mins.  

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to Public Mobile...

1.  You should be able to port over from Chatr

You can check your phone IME to see whether it will work on Public Mobile

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

2.  You can buy long distance add on (which never expires, just rolls over month to month until minutes gone)

400 International Long Distance minutes    $15

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes         $8

JL9
Mayor / Maire

PM has had chatr users port their number over as long as your chatr account is still active, so that should work.

And yes you would have to purchase add ons for minutes, after you use up the 50 mins.

Either 200 CAN/US mins for $8

OR 400 International mins for $15.

Need Help? Let's chat.