cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public sim not activating 404 error

taffymumbles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have tried on two separate days to join Public mobile, gone through the sim registration twice porting my number from Telus entering my credit card both times it has failed at the end resulting in the following page

Server error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Who can can help me please

18 REPLIES 18

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr It's quirky! Just opened a new incognito window, clicking the link brought up blue Simon, and then "refund" etc. led to Submit ticket. Perhaps, you need to login as me! 

Gandalf.jpg

I always suspected you had magical powers:)

@dabr It's quirky! Just opened a new incognito window, clicking the link brought up blue Simon, and then "refund" etc. led to Submit ticket. Perhaps, you need to login as me! 

Gandalf.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@taffymumbles wrote:

Hi very new to this can’t find out how to contact moderator

thanks

To get a ticket:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and go to step 5; if that fails click the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "refund",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login (manually if your username/password are not filled in),

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

@Luddite   There still seems to be problems getting SIMon to bring up 'contact us'.  I just tried and it brought up 'contact moderators' instead and doesn't bring up option to 'submit ticket'

Another option that seems to work (noted in another thread), is to type in 'talk to rep', which brings up the option to click 'contact us' and then ' submit ticket'.

This chatbot still requires some finetuning. 

@taffymumbles Food for thought: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

@taffymumbles wrote:

thanks

To get a ticket:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and go to step 5; if that fails click the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "refund",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login (manually if your username/password are not filled in),

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

@taffymumbles wrote:

thanks

@taffymumbles 

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

THEnewfie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I too would recommend trying to activate using a provided Public Mobile number. I'm a brand new customer (less than 24 hrs) and I encountered similar problems yesterday when I attempted to sign up and Port my old cell number. Today I simply logged into the self service dashboard on publicmobile.ca and went to the tab that allowed to change my number. It brought up the same boxes as yesterday's attempt at porting the number, but today it was successful. And an hour(ish) later I had a text msg from PM stating that everything was completed. Given the frustrations of yesterday,, this porting the number after I was signed up was much much easier. Good luck 👍

@taffymumbles wrote:

thanks

You can contact the moderators by clicking on Simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen. Ask to speak to a human and fill out the prompts til submit then keep an eye on your private mailbox top right the envelope icon next to your avatar.

taffymumbles

thanks

@totalUser  Yes you are correct but you did not explain that to @taffymumbles and I try to avoid any mention of it on the community due to a public beatdown by said referral cop in the very early days on the community. Only friendly advice I'm offering....

In the second thought @taffymumbles maybe first contact the moderators actually, maybe your registration is just waiting for the payment to be completed. That would probably be faste

@taffymumbles 

Small warning, if the credit card wasn't charged the chances are your sim was not activated nor your self-serve. The port should not be in process. You would be better of contacting moderators

If your Telus number is stuck in the dead port it should not be available for the port on your next try. You could also call Telus and ask them what is going on, maybe they can cancel already initiated port and then you can try again.

@darlicious wrote:

@totalUser...ninja'd  haha...but asking for or giving referral codes on the community is against the t of s and if the referral cop catches you he's got a big stick and will give you a severe beat down for the transgression. So please @taffymumbles  be aware of this....

Hi @darlicious 

I thought posting the referral code publicly here was against the rules, but I was under the impression that you can share it through the private messages. 

taffymumbles

Thanks for that, it looks like the porting of my old number from Telus is in progress no credit card charge as yet no service on my sim in phone. I only have an iPad (safari) as I mentioned I tried over two separate days. I will try again later with your suggestions but I don’t want to see a host of charges on my credit card.

thanks

@totalUser...ninja'd  haha...but asking for or giving referral codes on the community is against the t of s and if the referral cop catches you he's got a big stick and will give you a severe beat down for the transgression. So please @taffymumbles  be aware of this....

@taffymumbles  There is a procedure to go thru to not get errors. You must wait one hour between attempts to wait out the lock out session. As suggested clear your browser and use secret /incognito mode before you start. Using chrome or firefox is preferable. Otherwise you seem to be doing things correctly...make sure you copy your credit card address exactly like your statement except leave the apt/unit box blank and no space in the postal code. Use ALL CAPS if necessary.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Can you try in incognito mode, preferably chrome.

When your sim gets locked into a session you have to wait for an hour before trying again.

I would suggest opening account first with temporary phone number, having it fully functional and then porting the number. It can be done in minutes from your self-serve.

If you have issues still, then you can contact moderators

Welcome to public mobile:)

PS. Don't forget the referral code, if you don't have one ask here in community many would love to share and you will both benefit from it

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your bank account to make sure you weren't charged.  Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot and try again.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.