cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public, phone number transfered, can make call but not receive, SMS doesn't work.

MrMario
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new to Public Mobile. I did a phone number transfer. I cannot receive calls. I cannot receive SMS and SMS i send goes nowhere (it doesn't show a fail to send error). However I can make calls, and my number shows OK on the caller ID  of the number I call. So something works... Help!

11 REPLIES 11

@jingyangfang wrote:

New to Public, phone number transfered, can make call but not receive, SMS doesn't work.

It would have been better to ask the  question yourself to get a better response but you are new so you'll get the hang of it.  You've put the pm SIM in so you have partial service. Usually calling will come last and confirms that you are successfully ported. Most likely you just need to reboot your phone. If that doesn't work remove the SIM wait a few minutes and reinsert and reboot. You've received the welcome email already? If you can have someone cal and text to see if you get those. And check data status if it's in your plan.

@jingyangfang restart your phone. U should be able to send text. When you can't receive calls and text it means the port isn't complete!  From where did you port and how long has it been? 

jingyangfang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MrMario

Somebody from Public Mobile called me and resolved the issue. All good now.

MrMario

@will13am Thanks I contacted moderators. 

MrMario

@smp99  @Dunkman  The transfer request was done more that 12 hours ago.

@MrMario wrote:

I received a text last night saying "To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM and Activation online form." When I go to the website there's no "Contact us" and I wasn't able to fing the SIM and Activation online form.

Usually this text message means the porting was stuck and needs attention.  You need to get in touch with the moderator team to retry the port.

MrMario

I received a text last night saying "To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM and Activation online form." When I go to the website there's no "Contact us" and I wasn't able to fing the SIM and Activation online form.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your porting has not been completed yet.  You should receive a text once the porting is completed.  Here is more info about porting.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number.

If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just wait a bit

There are 4 steps to a port

Ougoing calls, incoming calls, outgoing text, incoming text. 

depending on the other party it could take 30mins (assuming other party is cell providor).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MrMario 

Your phone transfer is not complete yet.  It can take 1-2 hours for mobile lines and several days for landlines transfer.  

What you are experiencing is typical for the porting process not being complete.  You can use your old carrier SIM card for now and once it stops working, then switch back to PM SIM card. The port then should be complete.  

Need Help? Let's chat.