cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public, incoming phone calls go directly to voicemail ( all other functionality is fine)

LDstr084
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My client recently switched carriers to Public and is now having issues with calling, she can call people but anyone that calls her goes directly to voicemail, is there anything I can do in store for her?

6 REPLIES 6

What carrier was the number being ported from? Depending on carrier the amount of time needed to port can vary from hours to days. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LDstr084 

If the number was ported and it has been more that 4 hours then it's possible that there is a problem with the port. Either it's stuck or there is a port lock on their account that is prohibiting the port to complete.

If that number was not ported then they need to notify PM and ask them to investigate.

In either case they would need to submit a ticket to PM for help. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Does old carrier SIM card accept calls? If yes, port not complete. 

Does phone with PM SIM have any numbers blocked or is it in airplane mode? If yes, fix. 

Reseat Sim in PM phone and reboot. 

Are APN settings correct for use of Data? If no, set them up, and reboot phone. 

chromeknickers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Before contacting a moderator, which you can do so at any time by clicking the question mark bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen, try some basic troubleshooting just in case it isn’t the carrier. 

1. Do you have Do Not Disturb on?

2. Do you have Call Forwarding Switched on (Settings > Phone > Call Fowarding)?

3. Is your Carrier Network up to date (Settings > General > About > Wait for an update prompt)?

If none of the above solutions work, please contact a moderator (again, the question mark bubble to the bottom right of your screen). Good luck!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LDstr084 wrote:

My client recently switched carriers to Public and is now having issues with calling, she can call people but anyone that calls her goes directly to voicemail, is there anything I can do in store for her?

If she port her number to PM, it may take a couple of hours to couple days to complete.

If her old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stops working.

FYI: 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

@LDstr084 wrote:

Nobody at a store can help existing customers. Was a number requested to be ported over? If so, the general rule is about a 2.5 hour turnaround time before incoming calls work. Until that time, continue to use the old carrier's service. Is that voicemail the recording set up at that old carier?

Need Help? Let's chat.