cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public - Need to Port Koodle Number

randyvantastic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do I wait for a Moderator to respond to port my number.  It seems I can't move my Koodle number to Public Mobile myself?

9 REPLIES 9

aiamtj2996
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! 

We're on the same boat! I'm also an ex-Koodo customer. What I did is that when I activated my sim card, I chose a "new number". Then, I contacted the Public Mobile Moderators through private message at Moderator_Team. Don't forget to include you Public Mobile phone number in your message.

You'll then be instructed to authenticate your account, just follow the link they sent and you'll be good. Also, you have to call Koodo to remove the "port protection feature" in your account so that the moderator can port your number. This feature is in place to prevent unauthorized or accidental porting of your number.

Lastly, you have to keep both numbers active. This is because Koodo will send a text message confirming that you have authorized the transfer of your number to another provider in which you have to respond. Then, Public Mobile will also send you a text requiring a response.

Hope that helps!

randyvantastic

Thanks Bill, I will check on my Koodo account

Cheers

RV

bill_b

moderators know the steps, but just ensure that you get "port fraud protection" removed on the koodo side before trying to port.. I contacted Koodo and had protection removed, but didn't cancel my service...

My wife had problems when she ported over, but it got resolved

I got protection removed and my porting went smooth

Port Fraud Protection | Help | Koodo Mobile

randyvantastic

I guess I will wait for the Moderator to contact me to port my number

randyvantastic

It recommended getting new number and then porting later.  Did not see an opportunity to simply port my Koodle number to Public

@randyvantastic 

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

TYPE 

PORT REQUEST

FOLLOW THE STEPS 

Screenshot_20210114_105605.jpg

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will be credited to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

randyvantastic

Not prepaid 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi if it,s prepaid you will need a moderator assistance

@randyvantastic 

If you have already, proceed to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot and type "port request".  Current customers cannot perform porting themselves.

Need Help? Let's chat.