cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobile, Late in Registering ONLINE

profgroupcare1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help. I started in May 28, 2018 but i'm only registering online now, Nov 16, 2018.

Step 1 was easy entered my phone #, STEP 2 IS MY STUMBLING BLOCK, please enter the 6-digit code exactly as you see in the text message. It kept giving a red ink "INCORRECT CODE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN." 

Does the 6 digit text message have expiry date since it was sent last May 2018? 

Is there anyone who can help me register online and start My Account?

Can I vacation my phone without losing my phone # since i'm leaving Canada for 5 months?

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@profgroupcare1 wrote:

I need help. I started in May 28, 2018 but i'm only registering online now, Nov 16, 2018.

Step 1 was easy entered my phone #, STEP 2 IS MY STUMBLING BLOCK, please enter the 6-digit code exactly as you see in the text message. It kept giving a red ink "INCORRECT CODE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN." 

Can I vacation my phone without losing my phone # since i'm leaving Canada for 5 months?

The 6-digit code is too old to be valid.

Do the process again to get a new 6-digit code.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@profgroupcare1 wrote:

So you activated your sim May 28 and are now just setting up your online account?  You must have activated in a retail location if you are looking for a CODE to enter.  As for going away for 5 months your options is to pay for at least 2 of those months as your account can sit in a suspended state for 90 days before you lose your number.  What I would suggest is before you go change your plan (as long as it isn't a promo plan that is no longer offered and you want to keep it) to the $10 plan.  I would pay for 2 months by putting enough in your available funds account before you leave.  Remove autopay if you have that setup and after the 2 months your account will sit in a suspended state for upto 90 days.  On about day 86 I would make a payment and start to activate your phone again.  If this seems like to much work you can always just have autopay turned on and the 5 months would cost you $40 if you switch to the $10 a month plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It does expire pretty quickly - within a couple hours if I remember correctly.

Need Help? Let's chat.