cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM

shahestates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I am new to PM forum and would like to port in my Freedom number next week. Kindly let me know if I get the free sim card from Walmart mobile than I will be able to get the 2GB bonus data and also $10 referral discount. If I might loose any of these two signup bonuses than I will buy my own sim card to activate online.

Thanks and Regards,

Shah

32 REPLIES 32

@shahestates 

Holy Moly....if that wasn't confusing enough! In bullet points to be clear....

• To cover all of your bases register your email to receive the 2GBBONUS promocode.
  • As far as we know August 13th is the last day to activate with the promo code.
  • It is only valid on $35+ plans and you will lose it if you change your plan.
  • It is only valid for online activations and is not stackable with any in market promotions.   
  • You can port in your freedom number during or after activation thru your self serve account.
  • There are no extra fees at PM period. But save your freedom SIM card to reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving the porting authorization text. Keep the freedom sim for troubleshooting. 
  • Canadian Cell Supplies sells pm sim cards usually for $5 with free shpping via Canada Post usually within 5 business days.

Welcome to the community!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

thank you friend

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk , @Anonymous : As usual with the marketing department around here, not all things get updated. The so-called flash sale in the Announcements category does give an expiry. But with that linked page, it just says limited time. They have to honour it. Or remove the page or change the disclaimer.

I would say you are incorrect because it is stated. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Um...yes I know. I agreed with you above.

@LurganIeUk : Yes that is an interpretation. But they should remove the page to complete the time limitation. Thus my comment about the marketing department.

E X A C T L Y not very thorough in the laundry list replies. I interpret is is OVER!!!

* Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. (which is covered in the announcement). Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

but is still on if come a new customer and to need to get it is working online only New Activate visit  Here ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk , @Anonymous : As usual with the marketing department around here, not all things get updated. The so-called flash sale in the Announcements category does give an expiry. But with that linked page, it just says limited time. They have to honour it. Or remove the page or change the disclaimer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk 

is still on visit  Here 

if you want to make sure is working do Live Chat with agent
Online Activation Assistance Here 

@Anonymous wrote:

@shahestates wrote:

How?

@shahestates 

How To Activate Online visit Here  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card
You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here 

Plus, get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* when you activate on plans $35/mo+

online only for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB you know,

put it the email for it and the same email when the do a new activate, HERE  ... and about that 2GB promo code No one know expiry date, each time the say something so here a link and the say put it a email so when you like to Activate put it both code one for promo another one for refer a friend and you will receive a one-time credit of $10. the will applied with 72hr,,,, if you don't have a code for refer a friend let me know by Private Messages i will send to you,
plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. 

Good Luck and your welcome to public mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

Hey.....the offer is over!! And you had to email for it!! Why are you leading @shahestates on??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shahestates wrote:

How?

@shahestates 

How To Activate Online visit Here  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card
You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here 

Plus, get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free* when you activate on plans $35/mo+

online only for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB you know,

put it the email for it and the same email when the do a new activate, HERE  ... and about that 2GB promo code No one know expiry date, each time the say something so here a link and the say put it a email so when you like to Activate put it both code one for promo another one for refer a friend and you will receive a one-time credit of $10. the will applied with 72hr,,,, if you don't have a code for refer a friend let me know by Private Messages i will send to you,
plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. 

Good Luck and your welcome to public mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

You can only port over a number after account setup.

•  

Are you sure on that one...I thought you can still do a port during activation?

Yes I suggest @Triguy should strikeout that line. It is quite erroneous.

@LurganIeUk   See my edited response above.

@Triguy wrote:

You can only port over a number after account setup.

•  

Are you sure on that one...I thought you can still do a port during activation?

@shahestates 

In your situation, if you want this promotion, you need to activate a PM account by August 13 to get 2GB promotion.  You could get a new temporary Public mobile phone number first.  Then you could transfer your Freedom mobile phone number afterwards via your self service account.  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

shahestates

@Triguy 

@Dunkman 

You both replied opposite answers. Who is correct here ?

@shahestates wrote:

Hello,

I have a prepaid number which I want to port in after three weeks from Freedom. I was curious if PM allows free number porting in after we setup online account registration or not? If porting option is only available at the time of account setup than I may need to loose my Freedom prepaid days to catch the 2GB free data bonus before August 13th. Otherwise if free porting in option is available later than I will do it after three weeks. Please advise.

Thanks

@shahestates 

Yes, you can port your number afterwards anytime.  No extra fee or charges.  

You can port over a number after account setup.

To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

Please feel free to PM me. 

shahestates

How?

shahestates

Hello,

I have a prepaid number which I want to port in after three weeks from Freedom. I was curious if PM allows free number porting in after we setup online account registration or not? If porting option is only available at the time of account setup than I may need to loose my Freedom prepaid days to catch the 2GB free data bonus before August 13th. Otherwise if free porting in option is available later than I will do it after three weeks. Please advise.

Thanks

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to PM forum and would like to port in my Freedom number next week. Kindly let me know if I get the free sim card from Walmart mobile than I will be able to get the 2GB bonus data and also $10 referral discount. If I might loose any of these two signup bonuses than I will buy my own sim card to activate online.

Thanks and Regards,

Shah

The experience of a Free SIM at Walmart might not be the best. There are other options for Free or 99 cent SIMS though. 

@shahestates  Yes, with the 2GB bonus offer - MONTHLY, I would choose that  instead of going to store for a free SIM

the SIM is $10, but DO NOT order from Public Mobile online, it will take long to arrive, like 3 weeks or more and you would miss the promotion.

You might want to check local kiosk, although they might no sell you the SIM alone if you don't activate with them.    If you have Amazon Prime membership, order there for $10 for it's 2 days delivery.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shahestates  the flash sale ended Aug 3.

Not sure if the promo code is still working or if it will be working when you activate.

@shahestates wrote:

When is the last date to get free 2GB data ?

@shahestates 

August 13

@shahestates 

@shahestates wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking for a valid referral code.

I am new to PM forum and would like to port in my Freedom number next week. Kindly let me know if I get the free sim card from Walmart mobile than I will be able to get the 2GB bonus data and also $10 referral discount. If I might loose any of these two sign-up bonuses than I will buy my own sim card to activate online.

Thanks and Regards,

Shah

You will need to activate online at home, not in store for the 2GB data promotion.  So, you will need to purchase your own SIM card and activate at home to get both 2GB data and $10 referral discount.

Check your inbox for any referral codes.  Envelope icon on upper right corner of website.

hi check your private messages welcome to Public

According to flash promo:

Starting July 29 to August 3 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

Edit:  August 13, 2021 is the last day

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 13 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

shahestates

shahestates

You need to activate online yourself and on a $35 or higher for 2GB bonus data.

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 13 using the promo code to redeem this offer.
Need Help? Let's chat.