cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM, no service unless I am at home

Marklawrence
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed for PM this weekend and have now noticed that I have no service on my phone and data. On a lte/cell package. Any guesses

33 REPLIES 33

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Marklawrence wrote:

Lte/4 gigs/province wide calling/international messaging

Can you please dial *#*#4636#*#* on your phone select phone information and make sure the APN information is correct and that mobile network is on and connected

Marklawrence

Nope not using sip just native dialer, lte kicks in if I leave my house, but does not work.

Marklawrence

Had Telus, 2 year contract was up, no changes,  didn't move

Marklawrence

Lte/4 gigs/province wide calling/international messaging

sandpublic

@Marklawrence wrote:

Ok now I have cell service, but no data?????

You still haven't told us what plan did you signup for?

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Marklawrence wrote:

The suspense is killing us.  What did you change?  Did you move? 😂

Marklawrence

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lheintzman wrote:

Otherwise your best bet is probably the Mod Team as others have suggested. 

@lheintzman agreed, it mostly sounds like an activation issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A real long shot  but in your dialer settings, you should find a submenu for "caller accounts". (sometimes it's under "calls".). If there's an option for "use SIP calling" make sure it's set to "only for SIP calls"

Otherwise your best bet is probably the Mod Team as others have suggested. 

Pizzaeh

@Marklawrence, when this is figured out, please update this thread, thanks.  

Send a private message to the moderators.  Click envelope icon, top right, enter 'Moderator_Team' in Send To field.

@Marklawrence wrote:

I am using a pixel, and it .Does not say no service just has an x in the middle of the bar, data says lte but I have no data.

If you have access to another unlocked cell phone, try putting your sim in that phone to see if the issue still persists. Let us know when resolved. Good luck.

Marklawrence

Done it already.......it does not work. 

Pizzaeh

@Marklawrence, this is a head scratcher for sure.  Have you tried removing the SIM card, while inside your home, to see if everything still works?  That way it would confirm whether it's working OR not on Public Mobile.  

@Marklawrence ,  Public Moible does not have Wi-Fi calling.  I also doubt very much that the cell phone service would work inside your home but not as soon as you go outside and go maybe 50 metres away.  If anythinig, signal would get weaker when going inside. 

I gut is telling me that your Public Mobile service may not work at all.  I am also suspecting that something like Hangouts dialer could be set as the default phone apps, which would explain why are are able to make calls.

ZfromVanC

@Marklawrence wrote:

I am using a pixel, and it .Does not say no service just has an x in the middle of the bar, data says lte but I have no data.

Try checking your APN settings:

Go to Settings > More… > Cellular networks > Access point names and make sure you have Public Mobile's APN settings configured into your device.

If you’re still not getting any internet through mobile data, try to reset network settings by performing the following:
Settings > More > Network settings reset

sandpublic

@Marklawrence wrote:

I have a pixel Android, when I go out the icon on my screen says lte, but I have no data, the cell service bar has an x on it but shows bars.

When you are in front of your phone, If your scroll from top downwards twice  on the left does it say Public Mobile? and if you select the little gear icon on the right and then select Network & Internet select Mobile network is Mobile Data turned on? If not, please turn it on.

The select Advanced is Automatically select network turned on? If not, please turn it on.

While on the same screen, select Access point names there should be two entries one called Mobile Internet (sp.mb.com) and  another Tethered Mobile Interenet (isp.mb.com). Please make sure Mobile Interenet is selected.

Try restarting your phone and see if it works.

Marklawrence

Marklawrence

Nope just using the native Android dialer, got full phone at home, and an x in the service bar when I leave and no data too. I know how to use sip and have for many years, it's a real puzzle to me as I entered all if the correct info in the configuration

Marklawrence

I use the native phone app on my pixel. 

Marklawrence

I have a pixel Android, when I go out the icon on my screen says lte, but I have no data, the cell service bar has an x on it but shows bars.

popping

@Marklawrence 

Is you phone showing Public Mobile on the top noticfiation bar?

If yes, can you call out or send text message out?

Don't worry about mobile data or APN until we know that your minutes and text are working even just one way out only.

What phone are you using?

sandpublic

@Marklawrence wrote:

I have made phone calls, all from when I was home. I am assuming that when my home network it let's me make calls. Just noticed that it's got no service as soon as I leave my house.

What are you using to make calls with? Is it the phone's native phone app or another third part app? Is your phone an iPhone?

srlawren

@Marklawrence wrote:

I have made phone calls, all from when I was home. I am assuming that when my home network it let's me make calls. Just noticed that it's got no service as soon as I leave my house.

@Marklawrence this...is a bit odd.  You should not be able to make calls over WiFi from your phone's dialer (since PM does not offer Wi-Fi calling at all).  Were you using something like Fongo or Hangouts to make the calls when you were at home?  

So when you step away from home, nothing works?  Do you see any messages such as "no service" "invaild SIM", "emergency calls only", etc?  What exactly do you see, and what brand and model of phone are you using?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Marklawrence wrote:

Yes it shows active and a balance twice what they require. Seems to work fine while on my network but no mobile

When you say "balance.." do you mean Available Funds ? That should be zero unless you loaded extra funds to your account for something.

@hairbag1 not necessarily.  With the current referral bonus for example and an leftover autopay credit from activating with it on you can easily have $27 in available credit (I can personally attest to this because I did this a week ago).  If the person is on the $15 plan, that's nearly "twice what they require", and if they're on the $10 plan it's nearly thrice.  🙂

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Marklawrence wrote:

I just signed for PM this weekend and have now noticed that I have no service on my phone and data. On a lte/cell package. Any guesses

There is only 1 Lte plan that includes text & talk. Unless you have a "Build your own" then are you on the $47 plan?

@Marklawrence wrote:

Turn your wifi off and see what is working? Test everything!

Are you using an iPhone?

Marklawrence

@Marklawrence wrote:

Yes it shows active and a balance twice what they require. Seems to work fine while on my network but no mobile

When you say "balance.." do you mean Available Funds ? That should be zero unless you loaded extra funds to your account for something.

sandpublic

@Marklawrence wrote:

What plan are your currently on? Does your account show available data info on the first page when you login?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Marklawrence wrote:

Hi and welcome.

Was your service working totally at any point?

Did you port in a number or take a new one?

What is working, text in/out, calls in/out and data if you have it?

Need Help? Let's chat.