cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM messaging feature question

Dhara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

When I checked out my plan details, it says I have unlimited international text so does that mean Its unlimited text (SMS) only or is it picture messaging (MMS) as well as text messaging?

??

18 REPLIES 18

For clarity, the texting and MMS are a package deal at Public Mobile.  You get both, whether your plan detail says international Texting, or Internation SMS and MMS, or anything else, except for 'Unlimited Canada-Wide Texting' which doesn't include International text at all.

If you do not subscribe to a texting & MMS package, you do not have a texting package.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dhara wrote:

basically if the pic msg (MMS) is part of the 40$ 8gb promo plan.

also is the calling to USA free under the same plan

US calling is unlimited while you are connected to a Canadian Cell Phone Network. 

FYI. You may know this already but there are so many people that don't. Roaming in the US is different then being able to call long distance to the US when you are located in Canada. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Dhara Public Mobile international texting includes text, picture, and video texting to anywhere as long as you are in Canada. Picture and video texting usually requires data to be on to use it but it will NOT use any data from your plan.

bravo_md

Did you get your 5 GB add on yet?

mrinal1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes it actually works to take advantage of the promos. I took one last month with 25 dollars.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dhara wrote:

yes I took advantage of 50$ 8gb plan for 40$

When you went through the activation process and selected a plan...did you see it say "Limited plan:"? Or did you pick the $50 one expecting to get the promo?

Free is a relative term in this business. You pay the $40 that gets you the ability to call the US for no extra charge (of which there are none in this place).

bravo_md

YES to USA calling

Dhara

yes I took advantage of 50$ 8gb plan for 40$

Dhara

basically if the pic msg (MMS) is part of the 40$ 8gb promo plan.

also is the calling to USA free under the same plan

bravo_md

Picture on the right discribes $50 plan details that you got for $40 if you took advantage of the weekend promo.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Dhara What are you unsure of?

Dhara

now I am even more confused.lol

Praful

the reason why i said text only because see the snip below.

The pic on the left is from the public mobile website 

the pic on the right is from public mobile my account

main website plan details says unlimited canada wide talk but the my account plan detail shows both us and canada unlimited talk..not sure who to believe.

main website plan details says unlimited international text and pic msg while the my account plan details shows unlimited international text only

weird huh.

Capture.PNG

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Dhara you have mms capability as long as your data is on?

@Dhara 

Agree with above answers.  If you look at the plan details, you will see the following:

UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dhara wrote:

Hi 

When I checked out my plan details, it says I have unlimited international text so does that mean Its unlimited text (SMS) only or is it picture messaging (MMS) as well as text messaging?

??

I'm with @GinYVR ...both are unlimited. Good deal, eh.

EDIT...as long as you are IN Canada.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@DharaMy take is both MMS and SMS.

Praful

I believe it is only text (SMS). 

Need Help? Let's chat.