cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM. Rep selected wrong plan instead of promo for June 23

Praful
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To anyone who can help me. Came to public mobile under referral and port for 40$ 8gb plan. Logged into account after activation and noticed 50$ 8gb plan. Went back to phone kiosk and found it closed for the night. 

Help!

6 REPLIES 6

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Praful wrote:

Honestly the mobile kiosk lady didnt know about the promotion.  So I showed her the promo notice on public mobile website. Also this was her first public mobile activation so she could have missed or selected the regular plan instead of promo. 

I guess it be waiting game to see if public mobile system wants to honor/ fix such incorrect plan opened during promo period

Read the announcement from Alan_K that @Lieux  has posted in her reply.  You need to contact the moderators as said above and they will be able to help you because there seems to be some confusion around the wording of the original promotion.  Also the original announcement said it could take upto 7 days for the credit to show in your account.  Good luck.

@Praful I think you are not the only one with this problem 

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The plan is $50 but Public Mobile will credit your account $10 per month for 6 months.  The credit usually shows up in your account in 72 hours.  

Praful
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Honestly the mobile kiosk lady didnt know about the promotion.  So I showed her the promo notice on public mobile website. Also this was her first public mobile activation so she could have missed or selected the regular plan instead of promo. 

I guess it be waiting game to see if public mobile system wants to honor/ fix such incorrect plan opened during promo period

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Praful wrote:

To anyone who can help me. Came to public mobile under referral and port for 40$ 8gb plan. Logged into account after activation and noticed 50$ 8gb plan. Went back to phone kiosk and found it closed for the night. 

Help!

The moderator will help you with that...waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

The problem is known...

@z10user4 wrote:
@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

I understand some of you are reporting you were charged $50+tax on your first activation. Are you positive you chose the limited time offer in the activation portal? The name of the plan should be: "Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months" and the first charge should have been for $40+ tax. 

You'll need to reach out to the Moderator Team to get you back on the right plan if so, and sorry for the inconvenience caused, I hope I was able to clear things up.

Alan

@Alan_K 

From the complaints it would seem for those that complained that they didn't see the "Limited time:" plan. Your system ought to be able to see new activations over the weekend and see if there were people that DID find it.

The wording was a bit hit and miss too Smiley Happy

Announcement coming shortly, thanks for flagging this.

Need Help? Let's chat.