cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign up failed, not able to log in.

kyleg404
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I just tried to sign up, everything went well until I attempted to activate. It processed for about 2 minutes and told me it failed and to log out and log in.

I tried to do that but all attempts failed. When I try to reset my password, it fails to verify the email I've used.

But my credit card was still charged and my SIM does work, so it seems to just be an account issue. Does it take a day or two to process?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@TheOldVR wrote:

I see a few common bugs lately... at some point it might help to have a thread with known new/ongoing bugs.

Problem is of course that many won't bother looking at it b4 posting :P.

Plus, it's my opinion that, pm'ing the moderators with every incident raises their awareness of impending/actual systemic issues. I have seen no evidence that adding one's issue to a "global" thread increases chances of resolution.

Wasn't it you that made a nice collection of the known issues? I searched a few keywords but didn't find it.

@kyleg404 wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I've contacted the mods about it.

I do have one other question. I'm not sure if this is my phone or not, but I did get a text message immediatly after my SIM kicked in texting me with a new pin. Is this a change of the pin I had made during sign up?

Hi

Somebody i referred this weekend also received a pin he didn't choose, but couple of minutes later he did receive a correct one.  So i believe your pin should be the one you chose, but don't discard this one yet. I think you should mention this to mods and sort that one out as well, this is the pin you will need if you want to port out

@kyleg404 wrote:

I do have one other question. I'm not sure if this is my phone or not, but I did get a text message immediatly after my SIM kicked in texting me with a new pin. Is this a change of the pin I had made during sign up?

@kyleg404  That is the PIN for your account. You should keep that in a safe place. That is the PIN that you selected when you activated your account. As for trying to login sometimes if you clear your cache or use another computer's browser you might be able to login into your account with your existing credentials.

kyleg404
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@TheOldVR wrote:

I see a few common bugs lately... at some point it might help to have a thread with known new/ongoing bugs.

Plus, it's my opinion that, pm'ing the moderators with every incident raises their awareness of impending/actual systemic issues. I have seen no evidence that adding one's issue to a "global" thread increases chances of resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kyleg404 wrote:

So I just tried to sign up, everything went well until I attempted to activate. It processed for about 2 minutes and told me it failed and to log out and log in.

I tried to do that but all attempts failed. When I try to reset my password, it fails to verify the email I've used.

But my credit card was still charged and my SIM does work, so it seems to just be an account issue. Does it take a day or two to process?

In exactly this situation last week myself. Only cure was assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.