cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign up can do txt but not call or receive calls

anonku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, Just signed up using new Samsung A10,

Data works, did the data setup, text works send and receive, but no phone working.

It shows I have 3 bars and nothing works when calling and trying to receive calls. 

Can leave voicemail, it tells me I have mail, but calls won't work. 

Tried to power off/on, that did not work?

Please advise, thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@anonku wrote:

That did not resolve issue, thanks though.

No calls on LTE just data, phone only on H or H+?

What kind of phone are you using?

Do you have another phone that you can test the SIM in?

@anonku wrote:

Voice is only on HSPA, although this network also supports text messaging and data. The LET network only works for text messaging and data.

anonku

@anonku reset your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

yes calls are only on h or h+

anonku

Do you know what it is suppose to say in the corner?

It says LTE most of the time with 2 or 3 bars.

The phone just did work for me for a minute in my driveway, the LTE turned to an 'H'  and then an 'H+' for a few minutes with 1 bar and did work for me to retrieve a voicemail and make a call?  What is the network suppose to say, I guess where I am I will have just txt and data with LTE and will show H or H+ when I have cell signal? 

Thanks for any info you can provide.

@anonku Since you seem to be able to use data and messsaging, seems your plan did not provision properly. To be sure it's not a phone setting change your network from LTE/auto to 3G. All calls are carried on the 3G network, which will also provide texting/data.

If that fails, log a trouble ticket >> click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

anonku

What will it say in the top right corner when I have cell signal?

Right now it has LTE with up and down arrows under it.  Is that just data or cell as well?  Maybe I don't have signal in my area, I am remote, but when I did the online check for my area code it said there was access to all 3 networks listed?  Will it say 4G or 3G when I have cell signal?

anonku

No it was setup with new number provided by Public Mobile.

I tried to remove the SIM and then power up and with no SIM it shows I have bars of signal and I can get Gmail to download?  Even with WIFI turned off?  Where is it getting the data with no SIM??  When I power on phone shows Public Mobile in top left for a bit when phone starting?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you porting in an existing number?

Need Help? Let's chat.