cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign up - Sim card not connecting

davexx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an existing PM Sim card, works great.  I got a new one with a new phone number today but it will not connect with the network using the same phone.  My online account looks fine with payment taken and rewards added.  I can call the number and get a voice mail box for the number.  I have checked my APN setting.  If I put my old card back in it all works fine.  I had another Sim card, and switched the Sim online, but i have the same result.  This all occurred about 10 hours ago, and it still does not work.  Getting kind of frustrated as I just got 4 other people to sign up and have registered their Sim cards.  I am hoping I don't have the same problem!!   Help!!

11 REPLIES 11

davexx

I see what you mean.  I did try the voicemail a few times so perhaps it was me.

I have now heard back from a moderator, and there is some sort of "back end" issue with my account.  Still have no service, but at least they are aware of the issue and working on it.

I thank everyone for their helpl!!

@davexx wrote:

Thank you for the timing info!  I am at 27 hours now with no reply.

Strange thing....Just checked the activity on my account, and I have 5 outgoing calls to the same number!  All very short duration.  Kind of funny since my issue is that my Sim card shows emergency calls only.  3 calls yesterday and 2 today. The number is totally foreign to me, but looks like a PM number.  Ends in 4001.  Ring any bells???

It's not really an outgoing call, and I suspect that they were the result of incoming calls, calls that were forwarded to your voicemail.  

davexx

Thank you for the timing info!  I am at 27 hours now with no reply.

Strange thing....Just checked the activity on my account, and I have 5 outgoing calls to the same number!  All very short duration.  Kind of funny since my issue is that my Sim card shows emergency calls only.  3 calls yesterday and 2 today. The number is totally foreign to me, but looks like a PM number.  Ends in 4001.  Ring any bells???

@davexx 

Up to 48 hours is the official PM policy for wait time response.  Sometimes, when it is really busy, it has even been longer.  

If you have not heard back within 48 hours, I would private message again.  

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

bobbymays
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The moderators usually get back to you within a few hours, depends on the time I guess.

davexx

Any idea how long it takes to get an answer from a moderator? 

I think I am pretty close to 24 hours now plus or minus 4 since I emailed  Do they inhabit the after hours world?.  I am not relying on this Sim card yet, but I am paying for service that I can not access, and I have always had an issue with that!

Cheers

@davexx wrote:

Yes to all of the above.  Did not work in my son's phone who also has PM.

I will try a message to a moderator.

Thanks for the quick replies

@davexx  The fact that a sim swap for that account did not make a difference suggests that it's an account issue and can only be fixed by tbe moderators. As for avtivating tbe other accounts you should  proceed because this appears to be a one off event.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, contact the Moderators, it could be an activation glitch that only they can fix - that happened to me and they fixed it all for me after I private messaged them.

davexx

Yes to all of the above.  Did not work in my son's phone who also has PM.

I will try a message to a moderator.

Thanks for the quick replies

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@davexx Have you tried basic troubleshooting like rebooting your phone or reset network settings? Have you tried the newly activated sim in any other phone? If it does not work on a different phone, then it might be the faulty sim or activation issue. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@davexx 

Something went wrong with your new account activation.  You will need to contact moderator to help with your new account.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.