cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New prospective customer.

Dakota2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone tell me which plans are 4G LTE and I could use a referral code if I join Public if someone wants to give me one.

13 REPLIES 13

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dakota2020 

Let us know how much data do you need so we can best direct you 

@Dakota2020 

The data only plan here is terrible...price....$30/1gb full 4G. You would be better off with the evil fido's $15/3gb plan.....just they are evil.....lol....but seriously.....how much data do you think you would need per month?

Dakota2020

Yes, I am using TEXTNOW out of the old US of A but they can't sell a sim card to Canada. They use Sprint for mobile so I have phone service to all of North America for free but need to be on Wi-Fi right now. I figured I would just get a Data pack for out and about away from wi-fi.

@Dakota2020 

I second @Dunkman suggestion, if you are not getting murdered by your provider, it looks like flash sales are coming back, it's so painful when you sign up and the next day you see a promotion that will give you 20 referral bonus and $10 off your bill for 8 months and an extra data on top of it. One poor soul opened 4 accounts for his family the night before. We used to get a sale reach month, some months we would have flash sales on weekends. And to usually can be combined with the free sim in store (those are offered by stores and not advertised here) unless online only offers.

I'm not saying we will have such things on near future, but we are starved for a good flash sale (we had sale only for one particular plan and two day signup but usually we have more).

Do you have a service now?

Are you planning to port your number in that case?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dakota2020 

What plan are you thinking of how much data do you usually use?

People have noticed that their data usage goes down on throttled connection due to optimization.

Also, if you don't have a SIM already you could give a call to your local store they often offer free sim with in-store activation, don't worry you can use the referral code in store as well.

To save more (and get more data) consider using a credit card and registering with autopay.

Welcome to Publicmobile

@Dakota2020 

If you are not in a rush, you can wait until the next promotion to activate your SIM card.  There are time limited promotions such as free SIM cards, 2nd Month free, etc.  

benfatto

@Dakota2020 wrote:

Can anyone tell me which plans are 4G LTE and I could use a referral code if I join Public if someone wants to give me one.

1.The data only plan is full LTE; calling add-ons won't work though.

2. the $15 plan plus the 1 gb data add-on WITHOUT autopay; if you use autopay for the 250 mb bonus it reverts to PM's 3G speed

brettster99

@Dakota2020 

What @darlicious  was saying was there was a limited time promotion on public mobile site that if you put in the email you were gonna use to sign up for an account with you would get a month of free service. The second month.

Also I PM'ed you 

Dakota2020

I don't know anything about 30 days free, can you fill me in please.

brettster99

@Dakota2020 

All the plans are LTE throttled down to 3G speeds like what @Naepalm has said. So really they are all LTE. But if you are worried about speed do not worry. I watch Netflix, Youtube, play games like hearthstone and I have seen no difference in actual real-world speed compared to when I was with BELL 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dakota2020  All data is 4G LTE throttled to 3mbps....almost impossible to tell the difference. You can private message any one for a referral code....or they'll message you. Pick someone that's helped you out.

Your private message box is located at the top right corner of your screen it's the envelope icon next to your avatar. Keep an eye on the envelope icon for a little number to pop up indicating a message.  

Did you sign up with your email between may 5th and 7th to get your second thirty days for free?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Dakota2020 

it is 4G lte throttled to 3G speeds. I moved from Bell to Public and I really didnt notice a difference. Inthink the Big three make you think 4Glte is a bug deal to keep you paying too much. 

If you purchase an addon they are 4G LTE speeds. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Dakota2020  hi they are  all 3 g lte it's just lte throtled down to 3g😁

Need Help? Let's chat.