cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: New plan and data won’t work

Hi,

I thought I had reset my network settings, but apparently I had only reset the statistics.  So I reset the network settings and now the data is working. 

Thanks 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@northof60 wrote:

I read through that and it mentions that I should have got a public mobile configuration file during activation.  I didn’t get any such file. How do I find this? 

This is done automatically.  What iOS version and Carrier Profile do you have?  Settings --> General --> About.  Look at Software Version (used to be just "Version" before 12.2) as well as Carrier (should be Public Mobile 36.0 if you have iOS 12.2).

If you don't have these, make sure you've got a WiFi connection, and then do an update (Settings --> General --> Software Update).

Agreed with the above recommendations - and again trying a reset of your network connections has worked for me.

Also - using your sim in another phone is definitely worth a try.

Good luck!!!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@northof60 wrote:

Hi,

I thought I had reset my network settings, but apparently I had only reset the statistics.  So I reset the network settings and now the data is working. 

Thanks 

Just saw this - YAY!

Does that mean that my suggestion worked?

HA - I win!!!

Joking, good to hear that you're up and running, enjoy!!!!

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@popping wrote:

@northof60 wrote:

Hi, I recently signed up with PM and my data won’t work.  My husband had no issues with his phone when he signed up but I don’t know why mine won’t work. 

I have an iPhone 6. 

I have read through a bunch of info on here and I tried changing the APN to sp.mb.com but it still won’t work.

Thanks 

@CalgaryBen is our iPhone expert at our forum.  I will let him to help you. 

But for the time being, check the APN settings on your phone with the following link.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-6

Oracle

@Ericars80 Solved 5 hours ago: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/New-plan-and-data-won-t-work/m-p/3561...

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.