cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan and data won’t work

northof60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently signed up with PM and my data won’t work.  My husband had no issues with his phone when he signed up but I don’t know why mine won’t work. 

I have an iPhone 6. 

I have read through a bunch of info on here and I tried changing the APN to sp.mb.com but it still won’t work.

Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

@Ericars80 Solved 5 hours ago: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/New-plan-and-data-won-t-work/m-p/3561...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Ericars80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@popping wrote:

@northof60 wrote:

Hi, I recently signed up with PM and my data won’t work.  My husband had no issues with his phone when he signed up but I don’t know why mine won’t work. 

I have an iPhone 6. 

I have read through a bunch of info on here and I tried changing the APN to sp.mb.com but it still won’t work.

Thanks 

@CalgaryBen is our iPhone expert at our forum.  I will let him to help you. 

But for the time being, check the APN settings on your phone with the following link.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-6

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@northof60 wrote:

Hi,

I thought I had reset my network settings, but apparently I had only reset the statistics.  So I reset the network settings and now the data is working. 

Thanks 

Just saw this - YAY!

Does that mean that my suggestion worked?

HA - I win!!!

Joking, good to hear that you're up and running, enjoy!!!!

TheOldVR

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@northof60 wrote:

I read through that and it mentions that I should have got a public mobile configuration file during activation.  I didn’t get any such file. How do I find this? 

This is done automatically.  What iOS version and Carrier Profile do you have?  Settings --> General --> About.  Look at Software Version (used to be just "Version" before 12.2) as well as Carrier (should be Public Mobile 36.0 if you have iOS 12.2).

If you don't have these, make sure you've got a WiFi connection, and then do an update (Settings --> General --> Software Update).

Agreed with the above recommendations - and again trying a reset of your network connections has worked for me.

Also - using your sim in another phone is definitely worth a try.

Good luck!!!

northof60

Hi,

I thought I had reset my network settings, but apparently I had only reset the statistics.  So I reset the network settings and now the data is working. 

Thanks 

CalgaryBen

@northof60 wrote:

I read through that and it mentions that I should have got a public mobile configuration file during activation.  I didn’t get any such file. How do I find this? 

This is done automatically.  What iOS version and Carrier Profile do you have?  Settings --> General --> About.  Look at Software Version (used to be just "Version" before 12.2) as well as Carrier (should be Public Mobile 36.0 if you have iOS 12.2).

If you don't have these, make sure you've got a WiFi connection, and then do an update (Settings --> General --> Software Update).

CalgaryBen

@popping wrote:

@northof60 wrote:

I have an iPhone 6. 

I have read through a bunch of info on here and I tried changing the APN to

But for the time being, check the APN settings on your phone with the following link.

Thanks!  Actually, the best advice for iPhones with cellular data issues is not "check/set the APN", but rather "check that your iOS and carrier profile are up to date"!

Next most likely cause of issues is described in this post.  Also, some people with disable cellular data for all apps to avoid/prevent "oops" usage of data (especially if they came from another carrier where overages cost $$)... so that's worth checking (and worth me creating another post on that thread...).

northof60

Hi,

This is the page I found and tried to change the APN setting.  I can’t find the MMS settings so I couldn’t change them. 

Changing the APN didn’t do anything 

thanks 

northof60

Hi,

I do have my data turned on.  I have re-started the phone and tried a few other things.  I have not tried my sim in my husband’s phone.  Maybe I’ll try that.

thanks

TheOldVR

Have you done a reset of all network settings since installing the new SIM?

That did it for me when I moved to Koodo and back to PM.

northof60

Hi,

Thanks 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@northof60 wrote:

I have an iPhone 6. 

Thanks 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@northof60 wrote:

I have an iPhone 6. 

Thanks 

I am going to start with the obvious and please don't take this the wrong way as I have settings mysterioulsy change.  Your data is turned on?  As well if your husbands is working can you switch sims and see if his sim will have data on yoour phone (this could prove that your account have been provisioned incorrectly with not all the features) and if your sim works in his phone and data works than it has to be something in your settings on your iPhone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@northof60 have a look through this thread. It is a great iPhone help guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M24562  

Need Help? Let's chat.