cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

chukboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,  I was thinking of buying a new phone for my daughter.. This would be her first cell phone ever which means she doesn't have a number yet since she was never a user of any kind before.. Will Public mobile provide a cell number to this new customer since it will be an Iphone with no previous history ?

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@chukboy  During activation you can select a number. There is also an option where you can request the last 4 numbers of the phone number to be a specific sequence.

scoalegil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. You will get to choose a number as part of the Getting Started process. There is no need to have a phone number before starting. 

With a new phone number, you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number. Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

They offer a seemingly endless list of numbers to choose from. They don't provide it per se. Just a list.

I just wouldn't recommend continuously loading more numbers. Maybe it's just me, but when I did that the system gave me an error and my activation timed out. I had to wait 50 minutes for it to work again.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@chukboy 

Yes you can select a new number.

The iphone should be unlocked to work. If you bought it new this year, it should work well as is.

Are you already familiar with Public Mobile?
PM is perfect for starter plans. The service is prepaid. There are no surprise bills or unexpected overages to pay for.

PM will run some promos from time-to-time. If you're not in a rush to activate, you can wait for a suitable promo.
Remember to sign-up using a referral code. You will get a $10 credit on your account and the person who referred you will also earn a credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chukboy wrote:

Hello,  I was thinking of buying a new phone for my daughter.. This would be her first cell phone ever which means she doesn't have a number yet since she was never a user of any kind before.. Will Public mobile provide a cell number to this new customer since it will be an Iphone with no previous history ?

They offer a seemingly endless list of numbers to choose from. They don't provide it per se. Just a list.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

During the account activation - you can select a phone# depending on your location.

Need Help? Let's chat.